Electrotherapy and Electrophysiologic Testing, Third edition
Sales Date: 2007-10-06
555 Pages, 177.00 x 254.00 mm
555 pages, 177.00 x 254.00 mm
- Cloth Over Boards
- ISBN: 9780781744843
- October 2007
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
This edition has a new chapter on electrical stimulation and biofeedback for genitourinary dysfunction, including incontinence management in both women and men. All the intervention-based chapters have a new format that emphasizes evidence-based practice and practical application. Additional self-study questions are included in each chapter.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- New chapter on Electrical Stimulation and Biofeedback for Genitourinary Dysfunction (Chapter 9) includes topics such as incontinence management in both women and men, and gives solid evidence to support or refute specific procedures.
- New organization
- Chapter on mechanisms of pain transmission and pain control with electrotherapy will be moved up to chapter 4 to make the first four chapters the theoretical basis for the clinical application chapters that follow.
- Chapter on electrophysiologic evaluation will become the last chapter (chapter 12) in order to enable students to meet core educational competencies.
- New chapter format for the intervention chapters (chapters 5-11) adds consistency and clarity to emphasize evidenced-based practice and practical application.
- Additional self-study questions are included in each chapter to enhance understanding of key concepts.
- New emphasis on evidence-based preferential practice patterns.
Chapter 2 Instrumentation for Electrotherapy
Chapter 3 Physiology of Muscle and Nerve
Chapter 4 The Neurobiology of Pain and Foundations for Electrical Stimulation for Pain Control
Chapter 5 Electrical Stimulation for Pain Modulation
Chapter 6 Electrical Stimulation of Muscle:Techniques and Applications
Chapter 7 Electrical Stimulation for Control of Movement and Posture
Chapter 8 Electrical Stimulation to Augment Healing of Chronic Wounds
Chapter 9 Electrical Stimulation and Biofeedback for Genitourinary Dysfunction
Chapter 10 Electrical Stimulation for the Delivery of Medication: Iontophoresis
Chapter 11 Electromyographic Biofeedback for Improvement of Voluntary Motor Control
Chapter 12 Clinical Electrophysiologic Examination and Evaluation: Principles, Procedures, and Interpretation of Findings
Appendix A: Neuroanatomy of Upper and Lower Extremities
Appendix B: Answers to Self Study Questions
Publication Month: October, 2007
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 254.000 x 177.000 mm
Weight: 0.001 kg
Number of pages: 555 pages