McGlamry's Comprehensive Textbook of Foot and Ankle Surgery, 2-Volume Set
2112 pages, 215.90 x 279.40 mm, 4850
2112 pages, 215.90 x 279.40 mm, 4850 illustrations
- ISBN: 9780781765800
- November 2012
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
• Comprehensive content addresses every aspect of foot and ankle surgery
• Step-by-step guidance from leading authorities shows you how best to perform the surgeries they have refined and perfected, while offering valuable tips for optimizing outcomes
• Detailed coverage of common and unusual surgeries broadens your treatment options and helps you prepare for any scenario
• 3000 illustrations help you visualize each step of the most commonly performed procedures
NEW to the Fourth Edition…
• Full color format highlights key anatomic structures and surgical approaches
• Enhanced detail helps you perform complex surgical procedures with confidence
• Chapter on ankle implants covers recent advances and helps you improve patient outcomes
Whether you’re a resident or a seasoned practitioner seeking specific guidance on new or emerging techniques…McGlamry’s has the facts you need.
"An updated edition of McGlamry's is always eagerly anticipated and the arrival of the fourth edition does not disappoint. It is hard to believe that the last edition was published over 10 years ago, in 2001. The book has undergone a complete overhaul, and is still widely regarded the definitive podiatric surgical foot and ankle reference."
"Clearly this is going to remain a very useful book in the realm of foot and ankle surgery. It will still be the go-to book for most podiatric foot and ankle surgeons. The foreword compares the book to Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics, 12th edition, Canale and Beaty (Elsevier, 2013), which is not exclusively a foot and ankle work. However, McGlamry's is certainly most worthy of comparison to, and of being able to hold its own against, other foot and ankle works (Master Techniques in Podiatric Surgery: The Foot and Ankle, Chang (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2005); Surgery of the Foot and Ankle, 8th edition, Coughlin et al. (Elsevier, 2007); Operative Techniques in Foot and Ankle Surgery, Easley and Wiesel (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2011); Disorders of the Foot and Ankle: Medical and Surgical Management, 2nd edition, Jahss (Saunders, 1991); Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery: Management of Complications, 2nd edition, Myerson (Elsevier, 2010); Foot and Ankle Trauma, 2nd edition, Scurran (Churchill Livingstone, 1996) to name but a few of the more significant ones). If you have any of the previous editions, the latest is worth the outlay and will be a required addition to your library. Recommended."
Martin C. Yorath, DPM(Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science)
Weighted Numerical Score: 97 - 5 Stars!