Pediatric Radiology: Practical Imaging Evaluation of Infants and Children
1352 Pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm, 2591
1352 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm, 2591 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781451175851
- October 2017
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Diagnose essential pediatric disorders with comprehensive sections on pediatric neuroradiology, pediatric thoracic imaging, pediatric abdominopelvic radiology, and pediatric musculoskeletal radiology.
- Compare your imaging findings to abundant representative examples of all appropriate modalities.
- Find all the guidance you need on any topic through discussions of practical imaging techniques, normal anatomy and variants, imaging findings, and selected pathological features of congenital and acquired pediatric disorders in each chapter.
- Review the clinical features and imaging findings for each disorder ; pathological correlations, when applicable; up-to-date management information; and, when relevant, differential diagnostic considerations and differentiating features, both clinical and radiological, between disorders that produce the similar imaging findings.
- See how practical radiology principles apply to current practice through a collection of illuminating case studies.
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
“This book by Ed Lee and his celebrated coauthors is a text in a classic sense. A narrative of patient conditions is established and the findings, etiologies and treatments are methodically presented to build on one another through each chapter. The nature of congenital disease allows for the reader to understand and predict common occurrence; the similarities of infection and the key features of trauma and malignancy are logically presented.
This book is richly illustrated. Only a few topics lack a classic imaging example. The text works very well in many of the sections and is particularly well written on topics such as the skull, and head and neck. The musculoskeletal section does an excellent job introducing varied topics and is organized in a logical and clear way. This formula works well in almost every section. By the end of a section the student or junior staff member has an excellent foundation of knowledge about the imaging techniques and the disease. Additionally, this text is written by experts from around the world, including six of the seven continents.
Since receiving this book, I have had the opportunity to refer to it almost daily while working and teaching. It is as up-to-date a book on pediatric radiology as you will find. It sets the standard for comprehensive textbooks on pediatric radiology. As you are all well aware, putting together a text of this magnitude is very ambitious and whether it can be reproduced in future iterations is the challenge. This book would be an excellent addition to any department library. I enthusiastically recommend this to every fellow and department librarian. I suggest chaining it to the workstation, for it will surely be borrowed by many members of your department.
Overall grade Excellent.”
Publication Month: October, 2017
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 3.720 kg
Number of pages: 1352 pages