Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery: Relevant Surgical Exposures
Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery
456 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm, 1400
456 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm, 1400 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781451194067
- October 2018
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Presents approximately 100 preferred exposure techniques of surgical masters, illustrated with full-color, sequential, surgeon’s-eye view photographs, as well as superb drawings by noted medical illustrators.
- Virtually every chapter is enhanced by exceptional anatomic dissections of unexcelled quality.
- Includes substantial additions to the shoulder, hip and acetabulum, knee and leg, as well as many more exposures for minimally invasive procedures in all areas.
- Features enhanced and expanded full-color drawings throughout.
- Provides the up-to-date guidance you need to master both well-established exposures and recent exposures for minimally invasive procedures.
- Contains practical guidance, pearls, and tips from Dr. Bernard Morrey and his son, Dr. Matthew Morrey, as well as other leading orthopaedic surgeons.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
“This book on surgical exposures is part of the popular Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery series, consisting of 15 volumes covering the entire spectrum of surgical techniques in all orthopedic anatomic areas. An ebook is included with the purchase of the print book, and is identical in content. The purpose is to provide an illustrated guide to orthopedic surgical exposure techniques throughout the skeleton, along with indications, patient positioning, and helpful hints from experienced experts. This is an excellent resource for both orthopedic surgery trainees and attending surgeons.
The value of a book on surgical exposures is undeniable, as the initial step in any successful surgical procedure is safe and adequate exposure. Unlike most other surgical aspects of our specialty, recommended surgical exposures change very little over time. Therefore, most of the book remains unchanged from the first edition. The main differences are a chapter entitled "Dorsal Exposure to the Hand and Fingers" and a new section titled "Preferred Exposures for Traumatic Conditions," a welcome addition that details advantages/ disadvantages/ pitfalls of surgical approaches to each anatomic area discussed earlier in the book as they relate to injuries and fractures. Like the first edition, the book makes use of excellent dissection photographs supplemented by art work, the latter used to improve anatomic clarity. This edition, however, provides many additional surgical dissection photos of the highest quality.
This is an excellent book addressing a topic that is germane to all orthopedic surgeons, regardless of level of training. Although most of the book remains unchanged from the first edition, there are significant improvements that merit consideration for purchase, even for surgeons who already own the first edition. I recommend this book highly."
Weighted Numerical Score: 90 - 4 Stars!
Doodys Publishers' Club, September 2018
Publication Month: October, 2018
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 1.565 kg
Number of pages: 456 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Orthopedics