Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery: Soft Tissue Surgery
Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery
- ISBN: 9781496329004
- December 2016
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Features new chapters on the key-stone flap for closure of traumatic injuries; management of the composite defect (skin and bone loss) following trauma in the upper and lower extremity; soft tissue coverage of the spine; soft tissue coverage following pelvic trauma; neuroma management following major amputations; and targeted muscle re-implantation and advanced prosthetics.
- Includes new content on the role of biosynthetics and allograft skin substitutes in wound coverage and assessment of skin viability intra-operatively (the SPY system).
- Emphasizes indications and contraindications for specific incisions and methods for flap coverage in cases of soft tissue loss.
- Offers expert guidance from world-renowned surgeons with experience in both soft tissue and bone management.
- Describes preferred techniques in step-by-step detail, including pertinent anatomy, and pearls and tips for improving results.
- Highlights the concise text with full-color, sequential, surgeon's-eye view intraoperative photographs, as well as drawings by noted medical illustrators.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
'Several of the contributing authors are leaders in the field '
'The main focus is wound prevention and coverage , and it does an excellent job in this regard.'
'great to see videos as part of this edition'
'take on a very broad field and does an excellent job'
'The discussions in this book are insightful and informative '
' a great addition to the library of any surgeon dealing with these issues.'
-Doodys Publishers' Club, February 10, 2017
Publication Month: December, 2016
Product Format: Hardcover
Weight: 1.837 kg
Number of pages: 629 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Orthopedics