An Atlas and Text, Third edition
688 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm, 1480
688 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm, 1480 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781496346094
- April 2018
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- New information on diagnosing lung diseases, plus new WHO classifications, American Thoracic Society classifications of non-neoplastic diseases, new entities and infections, and technological advancements.
- Packed with nearly1,200 images, figures, and tables, many of them new with this edition.
- Organized into individual diagnoses, accompanied by concise, bulleted descriptions.
- Ideal for surgical pathologists already in practice, as well as pathology residents and fellows.
- Addresses the expanded role of the pathologist in treating patients.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s ), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook , powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs , supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more
“This is the third edition of a succinct atlas of lung pathology. This update to the 2007 second edition recruits the expertise of a new group of editors and contributing authors to incorporate newly recognized diagnostic entities and classification revisions that have been borne out by the application of molecular characterization of lung diseases. This edition reflects changes to the subspecialty of pulmonary pathology advanced by publications put forth by the Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society, the Fifth World Symposium on Pulmonary Hypertension, and the World Health Organization in the interim.
The purpose is to provide an updated, handy, quick-reference guide, intuitively organized by histopathological characteristics, to aid in the diagnosis of both common and rare entities of pulmonary pathology by using gross characteristics, cytology, histology, and molecular approaches.
This is sure to quickly become an essential reference at the microscope for pathologists-in-training seeking to home in on key diagnostic features through the use of bulleted highlights and descriptive photomicrograph annotations, as well as for established attending pathologists seeking visual comparisons to improve the accuracy and efficiency of sign-out.
For trainees, the book serves as a kind of "Cliff's Notes" for pulmonary pathology, homing in on the most salient features used to train the eye to recognize disease entities and allowing streamlined comparison of different entities.
This updated edition compiles the significant distinguishing features of diagnostic entities into a practical visual "field guide" of lung pathology.
The level of detail mimics what would likely be found in a well-curated notebook of a well-read student of pulmonary pathology and should be equivalently regarded as an essential reference next to the microscope. The major strengths of this reference are the incorporation of gross and cytology slide preparation photographs, which recognizes the importance of other critical modalities of tissue evaluation that accompany H&E tissue slides, the intuitive organization of diagnostic entities, and the multiple modalities available for electronic access and manipulation. It is particularly refreshing to see a new edition of this atlas with a new panel of editors and authors, recognizing the bias that is often introduced with updates published year after year by a fixed group of experts that over time may monopolize the influence over subspecialty practices. This book is highly recommended to both newly initiated pathology residents and seasoned attendings seeking quick answers from a trusted source.”
Weighted Numerical Score: 84 - 3 Stars
Doodys Publishers' Club, June 2018
Publication Month: April, 2018
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 2.087 kg
Number of pages: 688 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Pathology