Handbook of Nutrition and the Kidney
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Handbook Series
360 Pages, 111.12 x 203.20 mm
360 pages, 111.12 x 203.20 mm
- Trade Paperback
- ISBN: 9781496355812
- October 2017
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Useful for physicians, dietitians, nurses, and anyone who works with patients afflicted by chronic kidney disease (CKD), hemodialysis (HD), peritoneal dialysis (PD), and kidney transplants.
- Each chapter contains tables and figures that visually demonstrate nutritional principles and enable you to find essential information quickly.
- Presents easy-to-follow sample menus with lists of ingredients and dietary recommendations.
- Chapters cover the affects of kidney disease on metabolism and hormonal function, nutritional approaches to caring for different patient types, an overview of nutritional biochemistry and digestive physiology in healthy adults, and more.
- Includes guidelines and requirements for people with hypertension.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac.
Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time —providing a seamless reading experience online or offline.
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks.
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design.
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click.