Maternity, Newborn, and Women's Health Nursing
A Case-Based Approach, First edition
Sales Date: 2018-11-21
776 Pages, 212.00 x 276.00 mm
776 pages, 212.00 x 276.00 mm
- Cloth Over Boards
- ISBN: 9781496368218
- November 2018
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Maternity, Newborn, and Women’s Health Nursing: A Case-Based Approach brings the realities of nursing practice to life and helps you acquire the understanding and clinical reasoning skills to ensure effective patient-centered care.
This innovative text immerses you in realistic, case-based narratives that help you experience maternity, newborn, and women’s health nursing concepts from the patient’s perspective and confidently prepare for your clinical rotations. Accompanying units leverage these patient stories to enrich your understanding of key concepts and reinforce their clinical relevance, giving you unparalleled preparation for the challenges you’ll face in your nursing career.
- Powerfully written case-based patient scenarios instill a clinically relevant understanding of essential concepts to prepare you for clinicals.
- Nurse ’s Point of View sections in Unit 1 help you recognize the nursing considerations and challenges related to patient-based scenarios.
- Step-by-Step Skills tutorials clarify common procedures.
- Unfolding Patient Stories , written by the National League for Nursing, foster meaningful reflection on commonly encountered clinical scenarios.
- Analyze the Evidence callouts present conflicting research to hone your critical thinking capabilities.
- Patient Teaching boxes highlight important information to communicate to patients.
- Lab Values help you recognize the significance of out-of-range values and make appropriate nursing interventions.
- The Pharmacy features detail essential pharmaceutical information at a glance.
- Interactive learning resources, including Practice & Learn Case Studies and Watch & Learn Videos , reinforce skills and challenge you to apply what you’ve learned.
- Learning Objectives and bolded Key Terms help you maximize your study time.
- Think Critically questions instill the clinical reasoning and analytical skills essential to safe patient-centered practice.
- Suggested Readings point you to further research for more information and clinical guidance.
Publication Month: November, 2018
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.000 x 212.000 mm
Weight: 0.001 kg
Number of pages: 776 pages