Roach’s Introductory Clinical Pharmacology
Eleventh edition, International Edition
736 Pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
736 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
- Trade Paperback
- ISBN: 9781496380098
- October 2017
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- NEW! Unique Concept Mapping introduced in Chapter 5, Patient Education help students both process and visualize important concepts.
- NEW! A List of Abbreviations is now on the inside back cover for easy reference.
- NEW! Concept Mastery Alerts highlight and clarify commonly misunderstood concepts.
- Pharmacology in Practice Case Studies focus on assessment, administration, or teaching issues that affect real-life patients and are revisited in the Think Critically questions which ask students to explore options and make clinical judgments related to the administration of drugs.
- The Nursing Process framework presents care of the patient as it relates to the drug and drug regimen, as well as Checklists of Relevant Nursing Diagnoses .
- Patient Case Study scenarios threaded through each chapter offer a “simulation-focus” to help students get a sense of real world nursing.
- Nursing Alerts quickly identify urgent nursing actions that may be required when managing a patient receiving a specific drug or drug category through.
- Drug Interaction Tables provide at-a-glance information about the likelihood of a patient problem when multiple drugs are given.
- Summary Drug Tables list drugs from the classes discussed in each chapter, including names, uses, frequent adverse reactions, and general dosing information.
- Lifespan Considerations boxes meet the needs of specific populations at risk or needing specific drug administration considerations through practical.
- Herbal Considerations boxes provide information on herbs and complementary and alternative remedies.
- Chronic Care Considerations prepare for situations that may arise during drug therapy for patients with chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, hypertension, or epilepsy, including issues of polypharmacy through.
- Know Your Drugs (matching questions), Calculate Medication Dosages (dosage calculation questions), and Prepare for NCLEX-PN (NCLEX-style questions), appear at the end of each drug chapter.
- Learning Objectives, Key Terms, and Drug Class lists identify potential errors and safety concerns to help students focus their reading and enhance their mastery of course concepts.
- An updated Appendix H (NCLEX-PN test plan) addresses he latest test plan, as well as the concept-based curricula through additional definitions and links to content items in the text that correspond to concept-based teaching strategies
Publication Month: October, 2017
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 1.769 kg
Number of pages: 736 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Nursing / Pharmacology