5-Minute Pediatric Consult Premium
1136 Pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
1136 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
- ISBN: 9781496381774
- October 2018
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Find answers fast with The 5-Minute Pediatric Consult Premium, 8th Edition – your go-to resource for the effective medical care of infants, children, and adolescents. Using the proven 5-Minute format, it provides rapid access to information on diagnosis, treatment, medications, follow-up, and associated factors for more than 500 diseases and conditions. The 5-Minute Pediatric Consult is designed to help you make quick, accurate decisions every day … helping you save time and offer every patient the best possible care.
- Get quick access to all-new topics , including Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome, Vaccine Refusal, Zika Virus, Chikungunya Virus, Transgender Youth, and Follow-up of NICU Graduates.
- Reorganized and updated appendix includes unique identifiers for dozens of genetic conditions, associated inheritance patterns, specific gene(s) involved, mechanism of a disease, descriptions of the associated clinical findings, and a Glossary of Genetic Syndromes important for the care of children.
- Find the answers you need quickly thanks to an intuitive, at-a-glance format, with concise, bulleted text; ICD-10 codes; FAQs; and much more.
- Consult “The 5-Minute Educator” appendix for instruction of trainees at all levels.
- Access valuable clinical guidance in the book as well as 24/7 online access for three years!
Written by experts in the field of pediatrics and associated subspecialties and published by the leader in medical content, The 5-Minute Pediatric Consult Premium: 3-Year Enhanced Online Access + Print, 8th Edition includes 3-year access to 5MinuteConsult.com.
5MinuteConsult.com is a quicker, more valuable, evidence-based, online workflow tool easily integrated at the point-of-care. 5MinuteConsult.com provides online-exclusive content, including:
- Additional 1,500+ diseases and conditions
- Semantic search – for targeted results from reliable resources including 5-Minute Clinical Consult
- Online-only treatment and diagnostic algorithms
- More than 3,500 patient handouts in Spanish and English
- Over 200 step-by-step procedure and physical therapy videos to enhance procedural skills
The 5-Minute Pediatric Consult Premium, 8th Edition provides the luxury of a traditional print product and delivers quick access to the continually updated online content – an ideal resource when you’re treating patients.
"This is the eighth edition of a comprehensive, well-organized, and well-presented quick reference for pediatric providers at all levels of training as well as for practitioners.
The primary purpose is to provide a quick consult for pediatric providers who see patients in their office, the clinic, the emergency department, or the hospital. The objectives are definitely worthy. This is a unique, thoughtful print and online resource.
The audience is pediatric providers at every level of training and practice. This includes medical students, residents, fellows, and attending physicians. It also can be helpful for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and pediatric nurses. The authors and contributors represent pediatric institutions around the United States and Canada.
This is a comprehensive summary of over 500 clinical topics in pediatrics. Each summary is two pages and literally takes five minutes or less to read, depending on the information readers are looking for. It is clear that each author spent a lot of time summarizing each topic to make it easy to follow and easy to use once readers understand the format.
This is a comprehensive reference for the clinical care of pediatric patients that is easy to access and use. It is an excellent resource for pediatric providers in training and in practice."
Weighted Numerical Score: 97 - 5 Stars!
Publication Month: October, 2018
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 2.767 kg
Number of pages: 1136 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Pediatrics