A Case-Based Approach, First edition, International Edition
- Cloth Over Boards
- ISBN: 9781975149956
- October 2019
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Gannon Tagher, EdD, MSN, RN, APRN; and Lisa Knapp, RN, MSN, MEd, CCRN
Immerse Yourself in the Role of a Pediatric Nurse
Develop the clinical judgment and critical thinking skills needed to excel in pediatric nursing with this innovative, case-based text. Pediatric Nursing: A Case-Based Approach brings the realities of practice to life and helps you master essential information on growth and development, body systems, and pharmacologic therapy as you apply your understanding to fictional scenarios based on real clinical cases throughout the pediatric nursing experience. Accompanying units leverage these patient stories to enrich your understanding of key concepts and reinforce their clinical relevance, giving you unparalleled preparation for the challenges you’ll face in your nursing career.
- Powerfully written case-based patient scenarios instill a clinically relevant understanding of essential concepts to prepare you for clinicals.
- Nurse’s Point of View sections in Unit 1 help you recognize the nursing considerations and challenges related to patient-based scenarios.
- Unfolding Patient Stories, written by the National League for Nursing, foster meaningful reflection on commonly encountered clinical scenarios.
- Let’s Compare boxes outline the differences between adult and pediatric anatomy and physiology.
- Growth and Development Check features alert you to age and developmental stage considerations for nursing care.
- The Pharmacy sections organize medications by problem for convenient reference.
- Whose Job is it Anyway? features reinforce the individual responsibilities of different members of the healthcare team.
- Analyze the Evidence boxes compare conflicting research findings to strengthen your clinical judgment capabilities.
- How Much Does It Hurt? boxes clarify the principles of pediatric pain relevant to specific problems.
- Hospital Help sections alert you to specific considerations for the hospitalization of pediatric patients.
- Priority Care Concepts help you confidently assess patients and prioritize care appropriately.
- Patient Teaching boxes guide you through effective patient and parent education approaches.
- Patient Safety alerts help you quickly recognize and address potential safety concerns.
- Interactive learning resources, including Practice & Learn Case Studies and Watch & Learn Videos, reinforce skills and challenge you to apply what you have learned.
- Learning Objectives and bolded Key Terms help you maximize your study time.
- Think Critically questions instill the clinical reasoning and analytical skills essential to safe patient-centered practice.
- Suggested Readings point you to further research for more information and clinical guidance.
Publication Month: October, 2019
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 0.000 x 0.000
Weight: 0.001 kg