ACSM's Introduction to Exercise Science
Sales Date: 2022-04-26
568 Pages, 177.00 x 228.00 mm
568 pages, 177.00 x 228.00 mm
- Trade Paperback
- ISBN: 9781975176297
- April 2022
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Purchase of the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Presenting an engaging, up-to-date overview of exercise science and its related fields, ACSM’s Introduction to Exercise Science, 4th Edition, guides students to success throughout their courses and delivers a robust exploration of potential careers for today’s exercise science professionals.
This full-color resource combines a succinct, accessible approach with the proven expertise of the American College of Sports Medicine — the leading authority in exercise science and sports medicine — to establish a practical understanding of how human movement assists individuals in their pursuit of good health, appropriate levels of physical activity and exercise, and successful sport and athletic performance. Each chapter illustrates the importance and practical relevance of key topics and provides an insider’s view of the profession through fascinating interviews and online video profiles and field trips. Updated to meet the needs of today’s emerging professionals, this 4th Edition incorporates new resources that emphasize application and help students make a confident transition to practice.
- NEW! Project-Based Learning Questions challenge students to integrate and apply their knowledge to commonly encountered scenarios.
- Video, audio, and in-text interviews with exercise science professionals highlight the challenges and rewards of increasingly popular exercise science careers.
- Thinking Critically Questions drive discussion and deepen understanding of concepts.
- Review Questions provide valuable self-assessment opportunities.
- Learning Objectives keep students focused on essential chapter takeaways.
- Key Terms boxes clarify essential terminology at a glance.
- Full access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, audio and video tutorials, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.
Publication Month: April, 2022
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 228.000 x 177.000 mm
Number of pages: 568 pages