Overcome the toughest airway challenges with Master Techniques in Upper and Lower Airway Management! Under the preeminent editorial guidance of William Rosenblatt, MD and Wanda Popescu, MD, a multitude of expert anesthesiologists guide you through all the ins and outs of managing difficult airways. This anesthesiology reference’s case-based approach demonstrates the clinical applications of important principles, and a large collection of online videos shows you how to perform key techniques successfully.
“Two master clinician educators, Drs. William Rosenblatt and Wanda Popescu, calling on their expertise in airway management and thoracic anesthesia, respectively, have developed a unique book which explores the pathway of the airway from lips (nares) to the terminal bronchi to develop a highly focused volume with accompanying e-media to highlight clinical management. Although the organization of the book may seem obvious or intuitive, this is the first time a textbook has been developed in this manner. For the reader, these individuals have assembled the ‘go to faculty’ for both pre-operative consultation, as well as, intra-operative airway related events in their specialties.”
– from the Foreword by Paul G. Barash MD
- Be prepared to tackle a complete range of upper airway problems with comprehensive coverage of everything from evaluation and basic management of the difficult upper airway patient, through pre-existing conditions • otolaryngology and maxillofacial procedures • nasal intubation, tracheostomy, and foreign bodies • pediatric patients • the at-risk cervical spine • extubation, and more, as well as lower airway issues including interventional pulmonology • lung isolation devices and techniques • airway surgery • surgeries requiring lung isolation • congenital abnormalities of the lower airway • lung transplantation • lower airway emergencies • and more.
- Apply principles in practice by reviewing case histories that show concrete applications in the context of managing real patients. Then challenge your decision making with case-based questions and answers that delve into the details that lead to optimal outcomes.
- Master vital nuances of technique by watching a large collection of online videos derived from more than 700 actual patients.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition
, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
'The topic list is expansive and exhaustive, and grouped together appropriately as so to not feel disjointed or cumbersome.'
'The videos are from real life cases and clinical encounters'
'The website (ebook) flows, and content is easy to access and stream.'
European Journal of Anestheisa, November 2015, Eur J Anaesthesiol 2015; 32:1–1, Dr Kristofor Inkpin, Clinical Fellow in Anaesthesia (Airway), Nottingham University Hospitals, Nottingham, UK
'The material is easy to locate, clinically relevant, and up-to-date'
'The video content is particularly valuable. I found myself watching and listening closely to glean tips and alternative techniques for procedures I am already comfortable performing.'
'the digital version can easily be used in the clinical environment.'
'Although the text was written clearly enough for those new to airway management, its comprehensive nature excludes it as being merely an introductory text. Even experienced practitioners will find utility in reviewing certain procedures and learning alternative approaches to airway management.'
Doug Hester, MD, Department of Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee
Anesthesia and Analgesia, March 2016, Volume 122, Number 3
'a practical guide to various scenarios, devices, and procedures related to upper and lower airway management'
'Online resources include searchable text and short narrated videos.'
'presentation is helpful for clinicians and trainees who need to be prepared in the midst of busy schedules.'
'focus on patient evaluation and issues related to specific surgical procedures'
'succinct yet clinically relevant information'
'an excellent addition to airway management titles'
-Doodys Publishers' Club, April 22, 2016
- Publication Month
- April 2015
- Edition Type
- Product Format
- Height x Width
- 7011 x 5411 mm
- 493962 grams
- Number of Pages
- 346 pages
- MEDICAL / Anesthesiology