Serie Revisión de temasMichael Lieberman, Rick RicerRead MoreObra de la colección Temas Clave cuyo objetivo, como todo el resto de obras de la serie, es presentar al estudiante textos sencillos y resumidos en un formato ágil y fácil de manejar. Presenta los contenidos en un orden lógico secuencial, para repasar de manera concisa los principios fundamentales de la bioquímica, la biología molecular y la genética. También incluye correlaciones clínicas para enfatizar las conexiones entre dichas especialidades y la medicina clínica. El texto y las pruebas de autoevaluación se adaptan a las directrices y requerimientos de los principales exámenes de medicina, como el MIR o el UMSLE. El diseño general facilita la lectura de los capítulos y la comprensión de la materia, así como minimiza el tiempo de estudio.
Michael Lieberman, Rick RicerRead MoreBRS Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Genetics is an excellent aid for USMLE Step 1 preparation and for coursework in biochemistry, molecular biology, and genetics. Fully updated for its sixth edition, chapters are written in an outline format and include pedagogical features such as bolded key words, figures, tables, algorithms, and highlighted clinical correlates. USMLE-style questions and answers follow each chapter and a comprehensive exam appears at the end of the book.
Toby Long, Kathy ToscanoRead MoreThis updated quick reference provides a contemporary perspective on pediatric physical therapy for both students and professionals. Following the "Guide to Physical Therapist Practice," this invaluable tool addresses growth and development, pediatric disorders, measurements, interventions, assistive technologies, and administrative issues--all in a rapid access format for daily consultation. For easier use, this edition features a larger trim size, with new boxes, figures, charts, and conditions. Separate chapters cover Intervention, Measurement & Disorders, and Assistive Technology. Expanded coverage of growth and development includes outcomes that occur when development is disrupted. Insurance coding information is also included.
Ronald W. DudekRead More
High-Yield™ Cell and Molecular Biology, Third Edition provides the essential information needed for USMLE Step 1 review and course study. It covers current cell and molecular biology techniques and principles with a clinical focus—what a physician needs to know to understand, diagnose, and treat human disease. Molecular biology is often taught within various courses such as biochemistry, microbiology, and histology; thus, a consolidated review book in molecular biology is especially helpful in preparing for the USMLE Step 1.
This edition has been streamlined to remove content covered in other High-Yield™ books such as histopathology and microbiology. Images have been placed closer to the appropriate text. New figures include DNA melting curve and flow cytometry.
Denise R. Ferrier, Bradford JamesonRead More
A must-have for mastering essential concepts in Biochemistry
Based on the best-selling Lippincott Illustrated Reviews series, Lippincott Illustrated Reviews Flash Cards: Biochemistry helps you review, assimilate, and integrate essentials of complex subject matter. Developed for fast content absorption, these 200 high-yield cards support course learning and board exam preparation.
See inside for:
-More than 400 lively, full-color images that bring concepts to life.
- Spot flash questions to test your grasp of key concepts or equations on a lecture-by-lecture basis!
- In-depth course review questions to ensure a thorough understanding of course material.
- Clinical correlation questions that associate key basic science concepts to clinical scenarios.
-Bolded key terms for easy navigation and quick comprehension.
With Lippincott Illustrated Reviews,
Seeing is Understanding.
Denise FerrierRead MoreLippincott Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry is the long-established, first-and-best resource for the essentials of biochemistry. Students rely on this text to help them quickly review, assimilate, and integrate large amounts of critical and complex information.
Sandra K. Leeper-Woodford, Linda R. AdkisonRead MoreLippincott Illustrated Reviews: Integrated Systems uses the first-and-best Lippincott Illustrated Reviews format to integrate the most important topics in pathology, biochemistry, anatomy, embryology, genetics, histology, pharmacology, physiology, microbiology, immunology, and neuroscience and their role in each of eight human systems. Lippincott Illustrated Reviews features clear, effective writing and hundreds of illustrations for ideal rapid review and the assimilation of complex information. Clear, sequential images present mechanisms of action and focus on showing rather than telling students how drugs work. Lippincott Illustrated Reviews captures the vitality and interactive nature of the classroom experience in book format. Lippincott Illustrated Reviews features an easy-to-read format, supported with eye-catching illustrations comprising a lively and interesting mix of colorful art, photographs, and concept maps.
- Each chapter ends with student-favorite study questions and answer explanations
- Hundreds of full-color illustrations visually explain complex processes!
- Outline format ideal for concise review and foundational learning
Michael A. Lieberman, Rick RicerRead More
Lippincott's Illustrated Q&A Review of Biochemistry offers up-to-date, clinically relevant board-style questions-perfect for course review and board prep! Approximately 400 multiple-choice questions with detailed answer explanations cover frequently tested topics in biochemistry, including introductory human genetics, cancer biology, and molecular biology. The book is heavily illustrated with photos or pathway diagrams in the question or answer explanation.
Online access to the questions and answers provides flexible study options. Over 200 bonus recall-style questions are also included online!
A Clinical ApproachMichael A. LiebermanRead MoreMarks’ Essentials of Medical Biochemistry takes a patient-oriented approach that links biochemistry to physiology and pathophysiology, allowing students to apply fundamental concepts to the practice of medicine. Based on the established text, Marks’ Basic Medical Biochemistry, Marks’ Essentials is streamlined to focus only on the most essential biochemical concepts, while maintaining intuitively organized chapters centered on hypothetical patient vignettes and helpful icons for smooth navigation.
- Full-color illustrations of chemical structures and biochemical pathways elucidate core concepts and enhance understanding of the text
- Hypothetical patient vignettes ensure clinical relevance and help connect biochemistry to human health and disease
- Helpful icons guide you through each chapter and identify key concepts such as signs and symptoms, clinical pearls, treatment options and outcomes, and more
- Chapter Outlines and Key Points allow readers to preview and review chapter content
- End-of-Chapter Review Questions and Summary Disease Tables highlight the take-home messages and reinforce knowledge
Denise R. Ferrier, Bradford JamesonRead More
- Serie de tarjetas de repaso o flash cards de ciencias básicas basadas en la serie LIR de bioquímica.
- La serie destaca por la calidad de sus ilustraciones y por las modalidades de preguntas: spot o preguntas de conceptos clave, preguntas de profundidad y preguntas de correlación clínica.
- Cada tarjeta está diseñada bajo el concepto de pregunta y respuesta para facilitar y maximizar el tiempo de estudio.
- Bioquímica. Incluye los temas básicos del área bioquímica.