John D. Carroll, John G. WebbRead More
Structural heart disease (SHD) is a significant source of morbidity and mortality. Therapeutic interventions for these disorders have evolved from a small number of procedures to an impressive array of new approaches to diseases that have been traditionally managed by surgery and medical therapy.
Structural Heart Disease Interventions collects and refines the latest advances in the discipline—from established to emerging tools and techniques—providing clinicians and all members of the care team with a practical, comprehensive, clinically relevant summary of the discipline. The manual’s emphasis on minimally invasive procedures allows for shorter healing times and improved outcomes.
Nishath Quader, Majesh Makan, Julio PerezRead MoreConcise, portable, and user-friendly, The Washington Manual® of Echocardiography, Second Edition focuses on the essential information you need to know to successfully perform and read echocardiograms, as well as to identify valvular heart disease, cardiac myopathies, and congenital anomalies. Supervised and edited by faculty from the Washington University School of Medicine, this highly regarded reference has been completely updated throughout, with a new, streamlined layout as well more echo clips, and an update on the current guidelines. You’ll find expert guidance, practical tips, and up-to-date information on all aspects of echocardiography – all in one convenient and easily accessible source.
Carlos A. RoldanRead More
The Ultimate Echo Guide, Second Edition is designed to provide a complete echocardiography consultation in an easy, fast, and succinct manner.
You will find essential information for a range of commonly encountered pathologies. Discussions of each echo technique (M-mode, 2-D, Doppler TTE, and TEE) include best imaging planes, diagnostic methods, diagnostic formulas, key diagnostic features, data on accuracy and prognosis, and alerts to potential pitfalls.
New to the Second Edition is a chapter on Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy, new comparison tables and figure for findings from TTE and TEE, and additional color images. This practical guide comes with a companion website, which includes more than 375 echo video clips and the ability to search across the text.
- Concise, straightforward text with bullet points allows you to access key information at a glance—a great time-saver for the busy clinician.
- Specific applications address the use of echo in the pregnant patient, echo parameters of poor prognosis, echo parameters indicating surgical and non-surgical intervention, intraoperative echo, and follow-up.
- More than 260 oversized high-resolution TEE illustrations and 3D TTE and TEE figures help to display the anatomy at actual size to enhance diagnostic features.
- Companion website with searchable text and more than 375 echo video clips
- Informative text and tables with summary information for up-to-date appropriateness criteria (by ASE guidelines), diagnostic methods and criteria, diagnostic accuracy, disease stratification, prognostic indicators, parameters indicating surgical or non-surgical intervention, and follow-up.
- Practical content concentrating on information needed for daily or routine echocardiographic performance and interpretation.
- This practical guide is the ideal reference to use when preparing for the echo boards, or as a practical tool for teaching/speaker conferences
Selected as one of "The 2005 Great Books in Cardiology" by The American Journal of Cardiology®
Anatomical Chart CompanyRead MoreThe Vascular System and Viscera is a classic chart with illustrations by Peter Bachin. Meticulously painted in 1947, this chart shows a complete view of the organs, veins and arteries that make up the vascular system.
All illustrations are labeled.
4 small detailed illustrations show the right anterior, left anterior, and posterior view of the heart and a view of the heart in systole
- a detail of the veins and arteries of the female pelvis
- base of the brain
- branches of abdominal aorta and portal vein.
Made in USA
Available in the following versions:
20" x 26" heavy weight paper laminated with grommets at top corners ISBN 9781587790768
20" x 26" heavy weight paper ISBN 9781587790775
18" x 25" 3-D PVC plastic (made in Taiwan) ISBN 9781587790829