Moss & Adams’ Heart Disease in Infants, Children, and Adolescents, Including the Fetus and Young Adult, 9eHugh D. AllenRead MoreBMA Medical Book Awards 2017: Cardiology - First Prize
The British Medical Association honored Moss & Adams' Heart Disease in Infants, Children, and Adolescents, Including the Fetus and Young Adult, 9th Edition with this prestigious award.
The 9th edition of the gold standard in pediatric cardiology offers up-to-date, comprehensive coverage of this challenging and rapidly changing field. New chapters based on reader requests, two new associate editors, new contributing authors, and an enhanced digital version of the text make Moss and Adams’ Heart Disease in Infants, Children, and Adolescents the reference you’ll turn to when caring for patients. From cover to cover, this award-winning two-volume resource provides the authoritative, state-of-the-art information you need when caring for young patients with heart disease.
- New, reader-requested chapters cover Development of Myocardial Structure and Function, Global Challenge of Heart Disease, Impact of Congenital Heart Disease on Other Organ Systems, Non-Compaction Cardiomyopathy, Beyond the Cardiac Device, and Transition to Adult Care.
- All chapters have been updated and revised, including vital new information on genetics and embryo development.
- Two new associate editors, Drs. Daniel J. Penny and Frank Cetta, offer fresh perspectives in their areas of expertise.
- Enhanced digital access includes the full text; bonus question and answer sections similar to those on the pediatric cardiology board examination; videos of echoes, angiograms, aortic arch anomalies, open-heart operations, and more; and phonocardiograms with accompanying audio of various heart sounds and murmurs.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Benjamin W. Eidem, Bryan C. Cannon, Jonathan N. Johnson, Anthony C. Chang, Frank CettaRead MoreMore than 900 board-style questions prepare you for certification and recertification!
Based on the popular Mayo Clinic Pediatric Cardiology Review course, this highly regarded testing resource provides easy access to more than 900 questions and answers on every aspect of pediatric cardiology. Full explanations are provided for every question, helping you focus your areas for review and make the most of your study time.
Arnold M. KatzRead More
Dr. Arnold Katz's internationally acclaimed classic is now in its thoroughly revised Fourth Edition, incorporating the latest molecular biology research and extensively exploring the clinical applications of these findings. In a readable style enhanced by more than 400 diagrams, Dr. Katz provides a comprehensive overview of the physiological and biophysical basis of cardiac function, beginning with structure and proceeding to biochemistry, biophysics, and pathophysiology in arrhythmias, ischemia, and heart failure. This edition features a new clinical applications section and expanded chapters on the ischemic heart and heart failure.
H. Weston Moses, James C. MullinRead More
Now in its updated Sixth Edition, this highly popular book provides a practical introduction to the basic principles of cardiac pacing. It explains when and how to place temporary and permanent pacemakers, how to set rates and make adjustments, and how to monitor patients to ensure that the pacemaker is functioning properly. The complexities of cardiac electrophysiology are discussed in clinically relevant terms.
This edition includes current AHA/ACC guidelines on indications for pacing. Updated coverage reflects changes in biventricular pacing and telemetry and special concerns for patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillators. A glossary and a conversion chart appendix are included.
Ivan P. Casserly, Ravish Sachar, Jay S. YadavRead More
Now on its Second Edition, Practical Peripheral Vascular Intervention is a how-to guide to state-of-the-art vascular interventional procedures for all arteries and veins outside the coronary vascular system. Artery-specific chapters cover indications for interventional procedures, vascular anatomy, access, diagnostic angiography, and specific interventional techniques used by experienced practitioners.
This edition encompasses recent developments in the field—including improvements in catheter, sheath, wire, balloon, and stent design, as well as the advent of distal emboli protection and other novel technologies.
Morton J. KernRead More
To help you optimize your exam performance, members of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI), have created a fully revised and updated Second Edition of the SCAI Interventional Cardiology Board Review—a comprehensive yet concise review for board certification and recertification exams in interventional cardiology.
John D. Carroll, John G. WebbRead More
Structural heart disease (SHD) is a significant source of morbidity and mortality. Therapeutic interventions for these disorders have evolved from a small number of procedures to an impressive array of new approaches to diseases that have been traditionally managed by surgery and medical therapy.
Structural Heart Disease Interventions collects and refines the latest advances in the discipline—from established to emerging tools and techniques—providing clinicians and all members of the care team with a practical, comprehensive, clinically relevant summary of the discipline. The manual’s emphasis on minimally invasive procedures allows for shorter healing times and improved outcomes.
Nishath Quader, Majesh Makan, Julio PerezRead MoreConcise, portable, and user-friendly, The Washington Manual® of Echocardiography, Second Edition focuses on the essential information you need to know to successfully perform and read echocardiograms, as well as to identify valvular heart disease, cardiac myopathies, and congenital anomalies. Supervised and edited by faculty from the Washington University School of Medicine, this highly regarded reference has been completely updated throughout, with a new, streamlined layout as well more echo clips, and an update on the current guidelines. You’ll find expert guidance, practical tips, and up-to-date information on all aspects of echocardiography – all in one convenient and easily accessible source.
Carlos A. RoldanRead More
The Ultimate Echo Guide, Second Edition is designed to provide a complete echocardiography consultation in an easy, fast, and succinct manner.
You will find essential information for a range of commonly encountered pathologies. Discussions of each echo technique (M-mode, 2-D, Doppler TTE, and TEE) include best imaging planes, diagnostic methods, diagnostic formulas, key diagnostic features, data on accuracy and prognosis, and alerts to potential pitfalls.
New to the Second Edition is a chapter on Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy, new comparison tables and figure for findings from TTE and TEE, and additional color images. This practical guide comes with a companion website, which includes more than 375 echo video clips and the ability to search across the text.
- Concise, straightforward text with bullet points allows you to access key information at a glance—a great time-saver for the busy clinician.
- Specific applications address the use of echo in the pregnant patient, echo parameters of poor prognosis, echo parameters indicating surgical and non-surgical intervention, intraoperative echo, and follow-up.
- More than 260 oversized high-resolution TEE illustrations and 3D TTE and TEE figures help to display the anatomy at actual size to enhance diagnostic features.
- Companion website with searchable text and more than 375 echo video clips
- Informative text and tables with summary information for up-to-date appropriateness criteria (by ASE guidelines), diagnostic methods and criteria, diagnostic accuracy, disease stratification, prognostic indicators, parameters indicating surgical or non-surgical intervention, and follow-up.
- Practical content concentrating on information needed for daily or routine echocardiographic performance and interpretation.
- This practical guide is the ideal reference to use when preparing for the echo boards, or as a practical tool for teaching/speaker conferences
Selected as one of "The 2005 Great Books in Cardiology" by The American Journal of Cardiology®
Anatomical Chart CompanyRead MoreUnderstanding Cholesterol helps to explain what cholesterol is.
Bold images illustrate:
the structure of a typical lipoprotein
cholesterol transport in the blood
how cholesterol is made
a liver cell
cholesterol storage in the liver
classification of a lipoprotein is diagramed
Also shows atherosclerosis, the consequence of high cholesterol.
Made in USAAvailable in the following versions:
- 20" x 26" heavy weight paper laminated with grommets at top corners ISBN 9781587793264
- 20" x 26" heavy weight paper ISBN 9781587793271
Anatomical Chart CompanyRead More
Redesigned for easier comprehension, Understanding Stroke Second Edition provides essential information regarding stroke.
It explains and illustrates stroke, including the two main types: ischemic and hemorrhagic.
For ischemic stroke, the chart shows common sites of plaque formation and formation of a thrombus and embolus.
For hemorrhagic strokes, the chart illustrates the brain with intracerebral hemorrhage and arteriovenous malformation (AVM). Illustrations show the Circle of Willis with aneurysm and cross-section of brain with subarachnoid hemorrhage, arterioles, and microaneurysm.
The chart also provides illustrations of the brain, explains its functional areas and their roles in the body, describes events leading to a stroke, and lists risk factors and common neurological deficits after stroke.
Available in Spanish and English.
Made in USAAvailable in the following versions:
- 20" x 26" heavy weight paper laminated with grommets at top corners ISBN 9781587799884
- 20" x 26" heavy weight paper ISBN 9781587799877
- 20" x 26" heavy weight paper laminated with grommets at top corners Spanish ISBN 9781587799907
- 20" x 26" heavy weight paper Spanish ISBN 9781587799891