Joseph J. CiprianoRead More
Now in its Fifth Edition, this highly illustrated manual describes in step-by-step fashion how to perform orthopaedic and neurologic tests. Each chapter begins with a decision tree of the orthopaedic examination of an anatomic area, followed by a brief description of the anatomic area, usually with an accompanying drawing. The presentation of each test begins with a clinical description and a box of signs and symptoms, followed by a brief description of the procedure with a photograph demonstrating the position of the clinician and the patient. The author then presents a brief rationale for the test and suggests diagnostic imaging procedures where appropriate.
A companion website features over 40 minutes of online streaming video.
Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment for PhysiciansDavid R. Essig-Beatty, To-Shan Li, Karen M. Steele, Zachary J. Comeaux, John M. Garlitz, James W. Kribs, William W. LemleyRead More
This practical, concise clinical reference will greatly assist physicians and osteopathic medical students in learning and using manipulative diagnosis and treatment techniques. The book's organization by body region enables readers to select appropriate treatments for specific diseases. For each technique, the book provides indications, contraindications, a stepwise description, and a photograph.
This edition presents 43 new techniques, including seated facet release and inherent motion diagnosis and treatment techniques. Updated and expanded descriptions of osteopathic principles are complemented by new illustrations and clinical correlations. Exercises that clinicians can prescribe to patients appear after the appropriate treatments.
A companion website offers the fully searchable text; online case studies with COMLEX-style multiple-choice questions for each chapter; and 250 instructional technique videos.
A Practitioner's ManualCraig LiebensonRead More
The foremost authorities from chiropractics, orthopaedics and physical therapy present a practical overview of spinal rehabilitation. This clinical resource presents the most current and significant spinal rehab information, showing how to apply simple and inexpensive rehabilitation in the office. The updated Second Edition includes clinical/regional protocols and chapters on diagnostic triage, acute care, functional assessment, recovery care, outcomes, and biopsychosocial aspects.
A bonus DVD offers demonstrations of key therapies and procedures.
Anatomical Chart CompanyRead MoreThis classic chart of The Skeletal System was illustrated by Peter Bachin in 1947 and continues to be one of our best sellers. Every illustration is finely detailed and labeled. The chart features 3 large illustrations showing the anterior, lateral and posterior views of the male skeletal system.
Eight smaller illustrations show
a portion of long bone
ligaments of the right hand (dorsal and palmar views)
ligaments of the right foot (dorsal and plantar view)
the right knee joint (anterior and posterior views).
Comparison of female pelvis to male pelvis is shown by a dotted outline.
Laminated and paper versions are available in English and Spanish.
Made in USAAvailable in the following versions:
- 20" x 26" heavy weight paper laminated with grommets at top corners ISBN 9781587790621
- 20" x 26" heavy weight paper ISBN 9781587790638
- 19-3/4" x 26" styrene plastic - latex free with grommets at top corners ISBN 9781587790621
- 18" x 25" 3-D PVC plastic ISBN 9781587790652
- giant size 42" x 62" tear resistant lightweight plastic with grommets at top ISBN 9781587799822
- 20" x 26" heavy weight paper laminated with grommets at top corners Spanish ISBN 9781587799983
- 20" x 26" heavy weight paper Spanish ISBN 9781587799976
Kenneth E. Nelson, Thomas GlonekRead MoreOffering a patient-oriented approach, Somatic Dysfunction in Osteopathic Family Medicine, Second Edition, is a practical textbook for both third and fourth year osteopathic students as well as an expert reference for seasoned clinicians. The book covers diagnostic work-up, the clinical rationale for osteopathic manual techniques (OMT) for specific diseases and conditions, manipulative techniques for a variety of patient types (psychiatric, pediatric, obstetric, geriatric, and more), and procedures for common conditions encountered in family practice.
Reflecting the latest advances and research in the field, the Second Edition provides ten all-new chapters, an updated design and art program, and expanded electronic resources to support student learning such as QR codes that link to video procedures.
Anatomical Chart CompanyRead More
A very popular and useful chart, The Spinal Nerves illustrates the spinal nerves and pathways through the body.
The central illustration shows a posterior view of the spinal nerves exiting from the vertebral column and running throughout the body.
Important skeletal structures are included. All nerves and their corresponding vertebra are clearly labeled.
- detailed illustration of the cranial nerves
- diagrams the portion of the thoracic spinal cord with spinal nerves
- spinal cord segments
- anterior and posterior cutaneous distribution of spinal nerves
- dermal segmentation (dermatomes)
The stone under the foot illustrates the changes in the nerves of a flexed foot.
Made in USA
Available in the following versions:
- 20" x 26" heavy weight paper laminated with grommets at top corners ISBN 9781587792052
- 20" x 26" heavy weight paper ISBN 9781587792069
- 19-3/4" x 26" styrene plastic - latex free, grommets at top corners ISBN 9781587796913
Understanding Myofascial Pain and DiscomfortAnatomical Chart CompanyRead More
This easy-to-use flip chart book has a built-in easel, heavy-duty laminated and markable pages, and is a perfect visual aid for explaining the role of trigger points in causing pain and discomfort. The book includes 33 detailed anatomical illustrations of trigger points and affected pain sensitive areas, as well as 22 diagrams of pain relief exercises.
Improvements in this Second Edition include:
- Enhanced introduction that gives an overview of the musculoskeletal system, the development of trigger points, and the treatment and prevention of myofascial pain
- Updated images
- Improved page organization, including repeating the trigger point and pain zone legend on each page for easier use
- Torso and Shoulder :Anterior
- Torso and Shoulder : Posterior Superficial
- Torso and Shoulder : Posterior Deep
- Anterior-Posterior Pain Referral Guide
- Head and Neck
- Upper Extremity
- Lower Extremity