Offering a strong clinical focus and exceptional full color artwork and images, Langman's Medical Embryology
helps medical, nursing, and health professions students develop a basic understanding of embryology and its clinical relevance. Concise chapter summaries, clinical correlates boxes, clinical problems, and a clear, concise writing style make the subject matter accessible to students and relevant to instructors.
The new edition features more than 100 new and updated illustrations, additional clinical images and photos of early embryologic development, an expanded chapter on the cardiovascular system, and the latest information on molecular biology and genetics.
- Clinical Correlates boxes illustrated by cases and images cover birth defects, developmental abnormalities, and other clinical phenomena.
- More than 400 illustrations—including full-color line drawings, scanning electron micrographs, and clinical images—clarify key aspects of embryonic development.
- Basic genetic molecular biology principles are highlighted throughout the text to link embryology to other critical specialties.
- Chapter Overview figures provide a visually compelling introduction to each chapter.
- Problems to Solve (with detailed answers at the back of the book) help you assess your understanding.
- An expanded glossary defines key terms and concepts.
- An online interactive USMLE-style Question Bank helps you review for exams and prepare for the Boards.