Atlas of Histology with Functional and Clinical Correlations
496 Pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
496 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
- ISBN: 9780781797597
- August 2010
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
The unique Atlas of Histology with Functional and Clinical Correlations covers fundamental histology topics, integrates this essential information with clinical considerations, and provides multiple opportunities for student review. Explanatory text in each chapter is combined with expanded figure legends in an innovative, integrated layout. The "extras" include:
- Key Concepts sections providing comprehensive introductions to and summaries of the chapter in an easy-to-read format.
- Over 100 Clinical Correlations that conclude the examination of most normal tissues and structures with a discussion and visual example of relevant pathology.
- Numerous Clinical Content boxes highlighted in blue among the running text, sharpening the clinical focus.
- Synopsis boxes of the key structural and functional characteristics of cells, tissues, and organs, offering more than 50 opportunities for efficient review.
- Full labels directly on the more than 1,300 illustrations and micrographs allowing students to quickly identify structures.
- Expanded figure legends reviewing key concepts as applied directly to histology images.
- Chapter Summary tables summarizing each chapter or section in a high-yield format.
- An Illustrated Glossary of Histological and Pathological Terms introduces the book and the key terms used throughout.
- An Appendix explaining the general concept of tissue preparation and staining -- key knowledge for the histology student.
- Chapter 1 An Illustrated Glossary of Histological and Pathological Terms
- Chapter 2 Cell Structure and Function
Unit 2 BASIC TISSUES
- Chapter 3 Epithelium and Glands
- Chapter 4 Connective Tissue
- Chapter 5 Cartilage and Bone
- Chapter 6 Muscle
- Chapter 7 Nervous Tissue
- Chapter 8 Blood and Hemopoiesis
Unit 3 ORGAN SYSTEMS
- Chapter 9 Circulatory System
- Chapter 10 Lymphoid Organs
- Chapter 11 Respiratory System
- Chapter 12 Urinary System
- Chapter 13 Integumentary System
- Chapter 14 Oral Cavity
- Chapter 15 Digestive Tract
- Chapter 16 Digestive Glands with Associated Organs
- Chapter 17 Endocrine System
- Chapter 18 Male Reproductive System
- Chapter 19 Female Reproductive System
- Chapter 20 Eye
- Chapter 21 Ear
Appendix: General Concept of Tissue Preparation and Staining
"This is an excellent histology atlas for students of medicine and the health professions. Each photomicrograph is carefully annotated to highlight key features. The expanded figure legends are filled with high-yield information. Clinical and functional correlations provide medical students with important patient-centered information. The theme is that if you know histology, then pathology becomes (almost) self-evident. The focus on figures and legends will appeal to students who enjoy visual learning. I really enjoyed the illustrated glossary of normal and pathologic findings in the first chapter. This exciting new atlas contains the information that students need to know to understand the foundations of pathology and medicine". - Doody's Review Service