Antibiotics in Laboratory Medicine
807 pages, 177.80 x 254.00 mm, 100
807 pages, 177.80 x 254.00 mm, 100 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781451176759
- September 2014
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Antibiotics in Laboratory Medicine has been the defining reference source on evaluating the effectiveness of antibiotic compounds in treating infectious diseases for over 35 years. This thoroughly updated 6th Edition, edited by Daniel Amsterdam and featuring contributions from an elite team of leading international experts, equips you with all the latest methods for analyzing the mechanisms of activity/resistance of various pathogens, assessing their susceptibility to potential treatments , and detecting drug resistance and multi-drug resistance .
- New chapters explore the predictive value of in vitro laboratory testing, the challenges of developing antimicrobial stewardship, and the improvements in inpatient care that antimicrobial stewardship has fostered.
- A greatly expanded and updated chapter on antivirals guides you through the most recently discovered treatments.
- Comprehensive updates throughout put all of the most current knowledge and techniques in the field at your fingertips.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick-reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
4-STAR REVIEW FROM DOODY'S REVIEW SERIVCE!
"Wow -- now this is a really good book. There are so many admirable features! If you have any interest in antibiotics and laboratory medicine, you must have this book. It will answer any question you might ever have about how to test and interpret anything antibiotic-related in your clinical laboratory. This certainly would be of great interest to anyone... specifically laboratory medicine residents, fellows, or attendings (especially those overseeing clinical microbiology laboratories), infectious diseases fellows or attendings, clinical laboratory scientists in training or in practice, and clinical practitioners interested in how laboratories determine organism susceptibility to antimicrobials. Clinical pharmacists (especially those with an infectious diseases focus) or doctoral students or microbiology laboratory directors would find this book invaluable." - Valerie L. Ng, PhD MD, Alameda County Medical Center/Highland Hospital, on behalf of Doody's Review Service
Publication Month: September, 2014
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 254.000 x 177.800 mm
Weight: 1.656 kg
Number of pages: 807 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Infectious Diseases