Johns Hopkins Manual of Gynecology and Obstetrics
688 pages, 127.00 x 203.20 mm, 51
688 pages, 127.00 x 203.20 mm, 51 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781451188806
- May 2015
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Find information quickly with an easy-to-use outline format, modeled after The Washington Manual® of Medical Therapeutics.
- Stay up to date with new information on minimally invasive surgical techniques; new diagnostic tools; and recent advances in conception, infertility, genetics, and prenatal diagnosis.
- Provide more effective patient care with a newly revised primary care chapter that reflects current practice standards and a new chapter on patient safety.
- Benefit from the knowledge and expertise of residents and attending physicians in obstetrics and gynecology at The Johns Hopkins University
- Trust the manual that’s been used with confidence for more than 15 years by house officers, medical students, and practitioners who deal with obstetric and gynecologic diseases and disorders.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation.
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web.
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation.
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text.
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues.
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use.
Primary and Preventative Care
Preconception Counseling and Prenatal Care
Normal Labor and Delivery
Complications Labor and Delivery
Preterm Labor and Preterm Premature Rupture of the Membranes
Third Trimester Bleeding
Endocrine Disorders in Pregnancy
Hypertensive Disorders in Pregnancy
Cardiopulmonary Disease in Pregnancy
Genitourinary Assessment and Renal Disease in Pregnancy
Gastrointestinal Disease in Pregnancy
Autoimmune Disease in Pregnancy
Neurologic Disease in Pregnancy
Red Blood Cell Alloimmunization
Surgical Disease and Trauma in Pregnancy
Postpartum Care and Lactation
HIV in Pregnancy
Anatomy of the Female Pelvis
Perioperative Care and Complications of Gynecologic Surgery
Infections of the Genital Tract
Chronic Pelvic Pain
Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery
Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
Infertility and ASSITED Reproductive Technologies
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Menstrual disorders: Endometriosis, Dysmenorrhea and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
Evaluation of Amenorrhea
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
Female Sexual Function and Dysfunction
Diseases of the Vulva and Vagina
Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia
Cancer of the Uterine Corpus
Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy
Doody's Review Service Review by Anthony Shanks, MD (Washington University School of Medicine)
This is a thorough handbook covering pertinent information in gynecology and obstetrics that is designed to be carried in the pocket and to point-of-care settings. The purpose is to provide a quick and easily accessible manual for obstetrics and gynecology issues. It is not designed for directed reading, although many chapters do a very thorough job of covering the material. The online format is nice and I appreciate that it is linked to Inkling , although the code redemption required using a different site. The intended audience is medical students and residents, although other care providers may appreciate the book . It is unique in that it depends on a lot of residents for input, which is a nice feature as it allows input from those who would benefit the most. The other authors are all credible authorities . This is a handy pocket book for the field. It is designed to be used in a triage setting or for quick location of information. Chapters such as the one on alloimmunization and hypertensive disorders of pregnancy give a concise description of the pathophysiology followed by clinical management. In fact, all chapters are heavily geared toward clinical management. More flow charts would be appreciated. The treatment section for UTIs and STIs are well done and the easy access to medication doses is appreciated. This book functions as a more comprehensive version of the "red book" -- a pocket book designed for quick 5-minute digestions. This is a simple, straightforward, and well done pocket reference. The online features are nice and this will serve medical students well during their introduction to the field.
Publication Month: May, 2015
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 203.200 x 127.000 mm
Weight: 0.680 kg
Number of pages: 688 pages