Kaplan and Sadock's Synopsis of Psychiatry
Behavioral Science/Clinical Psychiatry, Eleventh edition, International Edition
1496 pages, 177.80 x 254.00 mm, 250
1496 pages, 177.80 x 254.00 mm, 250 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781451194340
- September 2014
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
The new and thoroughly updated 11th edition of Kaplan and Sadock’s Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/Clinical Psychiatry is a complete overview of the entire field of psychiatry for clinicians, residents, students, and all others who provide mental health care.
In this best-selling textbook in psychiatry for over 40 years, the reader will find a thorough discussion of both the behavioral sciences and clinical psychiatry. The 11th edition integrates all the DSM-5 criteria and provides a detailed and comprehensive overview of treatment methods for every known mental disorder.
The 11th edition is set apart from any other reference you have and includes:
- DSM-5 diagnostic tables on every major psychiatric disorder.
- A psychopharmacology section organized according to mechanisms of action and updated to include all of the new drugs including those in preparation.
- Extensive use of case studies and illustrations to enhance the learning experience.
- The most current treatment methods including a description of all newly introduced psychotherapeutic techniques.
- A completely revised section on neurocognitive disorders organized along the DSM-5 model.
- An updated and expanded section on child psychiatry; now includes a guide to diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorder and other disorders of childhood.
Publication Month: September, 2014
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 254.000 x 177.800 mm
Weight: 2.722 kg
Number of pages: 1496 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Psychiatry / General