Anatomy of the Eye and Orbit
The Clinical Essentials
512 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm, 300
512 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm, 300 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781469873282
- July 2017
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
The eye is an organ of great complexity. Anatomy of the Eye and Orbit: The Clinical Essentials achieves the impressive task of presenting ophthalmology residents, optometry residents, and optometry students with the clinical essentials of ocular anatomy as a foundation for patient care. It emphasizes the aspects of eye and orbit anatomy that are most relevant to clinicians in training, providing the practical, real-world foundation necessary for practice.
- Focus on the clinically relevant information you really need to know about all ocular structures and tissues.
- View anatomy from a clinical perspective with over 300 images, including examples of light and electron microscopy, optical coherence tomography, ultrasound biomicroscopy, and more.
- Gain a multidisciplinary understanding thanks to coverage authored by both optometrists and ophthalmologists
- Discover the material’s relevance to everyday practice thanks to numerous clinical asides throughout each chapter.
- Access to the eBook includes additional resources such as video on the mechanics of ciliary body contraction and changes in lens shape during accommodation as well as serial MRI slices through the orbit along the X,Y and Z axes.
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
“…This textbook by Freddo and Chaum integrates well-supported molecular explanations of the clinical findings and nicely connects the structural study of the visual system and its clinical relevance.
The entire text is written with enough depth and accuracy not only for students and residents but also for the eye care professional looking for an update on anatomy and histology of the visual system with clinical application.”
-Optometry and Vision Science
Publication Month: July, 2017
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 1.270 kg
Number of pages: 512 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Ophthalmology