Irwin and Rippe's Intensive Care Medicine
2336 Pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
2336 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
- ISBN: 9781496306081
- December 2017
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Approaches intensive care from an interprofessional, collaborative perspective, encompassing anesthesia, surgery, trauma, and neurology, as well as cardiovascular and medical intensive care.
- Maintains a practical, clinically-oriented approach, with comprehensive sections on procedures, techniques, and ultrasound; minimally invasive monitoring; pharmacology, overdoses, and poisoning; infectious disease; transplantation; critical care consequences of agents of mass destruction; and many more.
- Features many new chapters, and an entirely new section on Palliative Care and Ethical Issues in the Critical Care Unit.
- Reflects the rising importance of point-of-care ultrasonography with five hours of expertly narrated video embedded into 23 relevant chapters, clearly depicting the ideal use of this tool for intensivists .
- Includes a section on ICU Design, Organization, Operation, and Outcome Measures that addresses important changes and advances regarding safety, clinical practice guidelines, decreasing the cost of care, tele-ICU, and more.
- Provides extensive updates reflecting advances in cardiovascular intensive care, surgical critical care, shock and trauma, and sepsis management.
- Includes recommendations reflecting randomized controlled clinical trials, summarized, when possible, in quick-reference tables throughout.
Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
Publication Month: December, 2017
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 4.400 kg
Number of pages: 2336 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Critical Care