Intraocular Tumors: An Atlas and Textbook
608 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm, 2523
608 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm, 2523 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781496321343
- October 2015
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
In this updated and revised third edition, world-renowned authorities at the Wills Eye Hospital provide outstanding guidance on recognition, evaluation, and treatment of ocular tumors, highlighted by more than 2,500 stunning photographs and surgical drawings. This unsurpassed ocular oncology resource is a comprehensive guide to the clinical features, diagnosis, management, and pathology of intraocular tumors and pseudotumors, depicting clinical variations, treatment, and histopathologic characteristics of the many varied benign and malignant lesions that affect the uveal tract, retina, and other intraocular structures. Now brought thoroughly up to date with recent clinical and scientific innovations, this unique volume has been greatly expanded with over 25% new material, and offers more high-quality images than any other text/atlas in the field.
- Presents each entity in an easy-to-follow format: a concise description with references on the left-hand page and six illustrations on the right-hand page.
- Depicts in precise photographic detail the gross and microscopic features that distinguish each condition, while professional drawings and intraoperative photographs demonstrate key surgical principles and procedures.
- Features numerous new references regarding diagnosis and treatment, as well as new scientific tables containing key information for your clinical practice.
- Features 25% new images, including panoramic images, surgical images, diagnostic testing images from multiple modalities, and updated OCT images with numerous enhanced depth imaging OCT (EDI-OCT).
- Covers new information on evolving conditions such as the management of choroidal nevus and melanoma with guidance for early detection using risk factors; information on the newest treatment for retinoblastoma with intra-arterial and intravenous chemotherapy; management of intraocular tumors with photodynamic therapy. Important new information on genetics of uveal melanoma, the implications of genetics, and treatment outcomes is described
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
"beautiful imaging, succinct descriptions, and sound clinical guidance "
"a worthy and monumental undertaking"
"online format will allow the busy clinician to more easily access its wisdom"
" transcendent in that it is beneficial to all who have enlisted in the battle against ophthalmic and/or oncologic disease"
"Eyecare professionals at any level will appreciate its captivating images and concise explanations."
"the most impressive collection of clinical images currently available in ocular oncology and, arguably, all of ophthalmology"
Doody's Star Rating ®: 5 stars Score: 97
-Doodys Publishers' Club, Friday, November 13, 2015
Publication Month: October, 2015
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 1.905 kg
Number of pages: 608 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Ophthalmology