The Essential Pocket Guide for Clinical Nutrition
- ISBN: 9781496339164
- January 2017
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Pocket-sized and spiral bound for ease of use, this essential quick-reference resource offers immediate, need-to-know information on nutritional assessment, life stage assessment, and nutrition support, as well as nutrition considerations for specific diseases/conditions—bariatric surgery, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, gastrointestinal diseases, liver and pancreatic diseases, renal diseases, and pulmonary diseases.
- New ADIME-at-a-Glance boxes added to each chapter include sample ADIME notes and PES statements.
- Journal Access: A Nutrition Today trial subscription is available with the purchase of a new book.
- 24/7 flexible access to all book content is available online at thePoint.com or via the VST eBook that accompanies the 2nd Edition.
- Each chapter’s uniform format includes sections on disease process, treatment and nutritional intervention, and patient education.
- A new chapter on Bariatric Surgery provides the latest evidence-based information.
- A fresh new design facilitates quick reference and table identification.
- An expanded “Nutrition-Focused Physical Exam” section in the Assessment chapter covers the latest best practices.
- The latest nutritional guidelines are included, including new Malnutrition Guidelines, updated Pregnancy Guidelines on weight gain, updated Cardiovascular Disease Guidelines, and updated Diabetes Guidelines.
- The Nestlé Mini Assessment ( MNA® ), a validated screening tool that can identify geriatric patients age 65 and above who are malnourished or at risk of malnutrition, now appears in the Older Adult chapter.
- Quick Reference Tables in each chapter make essential information easy to locate.
- Useful Appendices include food-drug interactions, laboratory assessment, new tables on essential minerals, dietary supplements, and the Dietary Reference Intakes, and reference materials.
Publication Month: January, 2017
Product Format: Paperback
Weight: 0.481 kg
Number of pages: 564 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Nutrition