Operative Techniques in Plastic Surgery
First edition, 3 Volumes
3468 Pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
3468 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
- Multiple copy pack
- ISBN: 9781496339508
- May 2019
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Comprehensively covers all areas of plastic surgery including facial aesthetic, breast, hand, trunk reconstruction and body contouring, head and neck reconstruction, craniofacial trauma and reconstruction, lower limb reconstruction, and pediatric plastic surgery.
- Succinct text, bulleted points, and quick-reference tables allow you to review information quickly and understand best practices and potential problems for each procedure.
- Hundreds of full-color intraoperative photographs and illustrations, as well as numerous high-quality videos, capture procedures step by step and help you immediately apply your knowledge.
- Each clinical problem is discussed in the same templated format: definition, anatomy, patient history and physical findings, imaging, differential diagnosis, nonoperative management where applicable, surgical management including preoperative planning and approach, step-by-step surgical techniques, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, complications, and references.
- Perfect for a quick preoperative review of the steps of a procedure.
- Editors and contributors are globally renowned authorities in their respective subspecialties and are known for their surgical expertise.
Enhance Your eBook Reading Experience:
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
So far, I have used this book to prepare for several cases, including cubital tunnel release, upper blepharoplasty, facial fillers/Botox, breast reduction, and mastopexy-augmentation. The background sections are comprehensive and cover the key information, and while they could become redundant between sections, it seems they have been carefully curated not to repeat content. I found myself picking up “pearls” even in procedures which have become more routine, as well as understanding the specific steps and decision-making involved in working up a patient for surgery. I especially look forward to diving more into the pediatric and craniofacial sections, as I think a step-by-step technique resource has been a particular need in this area of plastic surgery.
In summary, Operative Techniques in Plastic Surgery is a truly comprehensive resource. I anticipate this book will become commonplace to find on the bookshelves of resident and attending surgeons alike.
- by Jeremy M. Powers, MD
Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency
PRS Resident Chronicles- Book Review
Publication Month: May, 2019
Product Format: Multiple copy pack
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 9.367 kg
Number of pages: 3468 pages