Kaplan & Sadock's Concise Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry
1000 pages, 190.50 x 266.70 mm, 2
1000 pages, 190.50 x 266.70 mm, 2 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781496345257
- February 2017
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Provides concise but thorough coverage of the entire field of clinical psychiatry, including biologic, psychologic, and sociologic factors in health and disease.
- Contains real-world case histories throughout.
- Includes thorough updates and revisions throughout, all consistent with the DSM-5.
- Features new and extensively revised coverage of childhood disorders, gender dysphoria, issues affecting LGBT persons, reproductive medicine, physician-assisted suicide, PTSD, the effects of terrorism and torture, and much more.
- Includes new chapters on public psychiatry and world aspects of psychiatry, as well as a new section on brain stimulation methods.
- Features a unique, comprehensive glossary of psychiatric signs and symptoms, new to this edition.
Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options offer the ability to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
"This book includes general topics that span diseases in children, adults, and the elderly. The book addresses the biological, psychological, and sociological aspects of the study of psychiatry in an equitable manner. The website offers online access to the book content."
"This book is used all over the world, and is structured in a manner that makes it easy to read. It is uncommon to find a book that encompasses what this one does: a comprehensive resource that provides an overview of the field, especially one useful for trainees in psychiatry.
"The authors are clinicians and educators who are well-known authorities in the field."
"This is an excellent, concise book that serves as a less daunting alternative to the larger textbook. It is a comprehensive collection of knowledge that is more approachable, and it provides a foundation for individuals in training or professionals looking for a concise review."
Weighted Numerical Score: 87 - 3 Stars!
Doodys Publishers' Club, Friday, March 3, 2017
Publication Month: February, 2017
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 266.700 x 190.500 mm
Weight: 1.792 kg
Number of pages: 1000 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Psychiatry / General