Introductory Maternity and Pediatric Nursing
1056 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
1056 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
- ISBN: 9781496346643
- October 2017
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Highlights of the 4th edition:
- NEW & UPDATED CONTENT , including the latest NANDA terminology, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) guidelines, the Baby Friendly Initiative, medication updates, and more, prepare you for practice in today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment.
- UNIQUE! A built-in workbook at the end of each chapter includes NCLEX-PN-style review questions, study activities, and critical thinking "What Would You Do?" exercises.
- NEW! Concept Mastery Alerts highlight commonly misunderstood concepts and provide helpful explanations to clarify them.
- Chapter-opening case studies foster critical thinking.
- A Nursing Process approach prepares you to write individual care plans by walking you through each step of the nurse’s role in data collection (assessment), relevant nursing diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- First-person narratives help you understand the feelings of clients and their family members.
- Cultural Snapshots encourage you to think about cultural differences when caring for your clients.
- Learning Objectives and Key Points , which set goals for understanding and highlight must-know information, help you master important concepts.
- Test Yourself questions allow you to check your understanding as you go.
- Clinical Secrets highlight safety concerns and other important topics to prepare you for on-the-job challenges.
- ENHANCED online student resources include NCLEX-PN-style questions (revised to reflect the latest test plan) including new alternate format questions), drug monographs, maternity and pediatric nursing videos, audio glossaries, dosage calculation quizzes, and more.
- Comprehensive instructor resources include guided lecture notes, PowerPoint presentations, test generator, image bank, QSEN competencies, concept-based curriculum maps, quizzes, assignments, and more.
Chapter 1: The Nurse's Role in a Changing Maternal–Child Health Care Environment
Chapter 2: Family-Centered and Community-Based Maternal and Pediatric Nursing
UNIT II: FOUNDATIONS OF MATERNITY NURSING
Chapter 3: Structure and Function of the Reproductive System
Chapter 4: Special Issues of Women's Health Care and Reproduction
UNIT III: PREGNANCY
Chapter 5: Fetal Development
Chapter 6: Maternal Adaptation during Pregnancy
Chapter 7: Prenatal Care
UNIT IV: LABOR AND BIRTH
Chapter 8: The Labor Process
Chapter 9: Pain Management during Labor and Birth
Chapter 10: Nursing Care during Labor and Birth
Chapter 11: Assisted Delivery and Cesarean Birth
UNIT V: POSTPARTUM AND NEWBORN
Chapter 12: The Postpartum Woman
Chapter 13: Nursing Assessment of Newborn Transition
Chapter 14: Nursing Care of the Normal Newborn
Chapter 15: Newborn Nutrition
UNIT VI: CHILDBEARING AT RISK
Chapter 16: Pregnancy at Risk: Conditions that Complicate Pregnancy
Chapter 17: Pregnancy at Risk: Pregnancy-Related Complications
Chapter 18: Labor at Risk
Chapter 19: Postpartum Woman at Risk
Chapter 20: The Newborn at Risk: Gestational and Acquired Disorders
Chapter 21: The Newborn at Risk: Congenital Disorders
UNIT VII: HEALTH PROMOTION FOR NORMAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
Chapter 22: Principles of Growth and Development
Chapter 23:Growth and Development of the Infant: 28 Days to 1 Year
Chapter 24:Growth and Development of the Toddler: 1 to 3 Years
Chapter 25:Growth and Development of the Preschool Child: 3 to 6 Years
Chapter 26:Growth and Development of the School-Aged Child: 6 to 10 Years
Chapter 27:Growth and Development of the Adolescent: 11 to 18 Years
UNIT VIII: FOUNDATIONS OF PEDIATRIC NURSING
Chapter 28: Data Collection (Assessment) for the Child
Chapter 29: Care of the Hospitalized Child
Chapter 30: Procedures and Treatments
Chapter 31: Medication Administration and Intravenous Therapy
UNIT IX: SPECIAL CONCERNS OF PEDIATRIC NURSING
Chapter 32: The Child with a Chronic Health Problem
Chapter 33: Abuse in the Family and Community
Chapter 34: The Dying Child
UNIT X: THE CHILD WITH A HEALTH DISORDER
Chapter 35: The Child with a Sensory/Neurologic Disorder
Chapter 36: The Child with a Respiratory Disorder
Chapter 37: The Child with a Cardiovascular/Hematologic Disorder
Chapter 38: The Child with a Gastrointestinal/Endocrine Disorder
Chapter 39: The Child with a Genitourinary Disorder
Chapter 40: The Child with a Musculoskeletal Disorder
Chapter 41: The Child with an Integumentary Disorder/Communicable Disease
Chapter 42: The Child with a Psychosocial Disorder
Appendix A: Standard and Transmission-Based Precautions
Appendix B: NANDA-Approved Nursing Diagnoses
Appendix C: The Joint Commission's “Do Not Use” List of Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Symbols
Appendix D: Good Sources of Essential Nutrients
Appendix E: Breast-Feeding and Medication Use
Appendix F: Cervical Dilation Chart
Appendix G: Growth Charts
Appendix H: Pulse, Respiration, and Blood Pressure Values for Children
Appendix I: Temperature and Weight Conversion Charts
Appendix J: Recommended Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedules
References and Suggested Readings
Publication Month: October, 2017
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 1.882 kg
Number of pages: 1056 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Nursing / LPN & LVN