Clinical Scenarios in Surgery
784 Pages, 212.00 x 276.00 x 0.00 mm
784 pages, 212.00 x 276.00 x 0.00 mm
- Cloth Over Boards
- ISBN: 9781496349071
- October 2018
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Using a highly readable, case-based format, Clinical Scenarios in Surgery: Decision Making and Operative Technique, Second Edition , presents 135 cases that take readers step by step through the principles of safe surgical care. Ideal for senior surgical residents who are preparing for the oral board exam, this updated resource presents today’s standards of care in all areas of general surgery, including abdominal wall, upper GI, emergency general surgery, hepatobiliary, colorectal, breast, endocrine, thoracic, vascular, pediatric, skin and soft tissue, trauma, critical care, transplant, and head and neck surgeries.
- Fourteen chapters are new to the Second Edition, including six in the greatly-expanded section on Trauma.
- Each full-color case begins with a patient presentation and proceeds through differential diagnosis, workup, diagnosis and treatment, surgical procedures, postoperative management, and a case conclusion.
- Coverage includes key technical steps, potential pitfalls and special intraoperative considerations, take-home points, and suggested readings.
- Color figures, tables, and algorithms present information in a format that is easy to understand and remember.
- Every chapter includes a table summarizing Key Technical Steps and Potential Pitfalls for the procedure discussed.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Publication Month: October, 2018
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.000 x 212.000 mm
Weight: 0.254 kg
Number of pages: 784 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Surgery / General