Manual of Clinical Oncology
900 pages, 127.00 x 203.20 mm, 20
900 pages, 127.00 x 203.20 mm, 20 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781496349576
- April 2017
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Incorporates recent major achievements in immunotherapies, biologics, and targeted therapies.
- Features new chapters on the biology of cancer, immunotherapy, and cancer survivorship.
- Contains numerous diagnostic and treatment algorithms, as well as content on complications, for assistance with clinical decision making.
- Includes helpful appendices such as a glossary of cytogenetic nomenclature and combination chemotherapy regimens.
Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
“Now in its eighth edition, this remarkable, concise, and portable manual is packed with essential information that seamlessly integrates basic science and clinical sciences with technological advances as they relate to the diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and management of a variety of cancer types.
The manual is well organized into four major sections: general aspects, solid tumors, hematological malignancies, and complications. Each section contains several chapters written by experts actively engaged in clinical research. While Sections 2 and 3 cover the most common cancers and contain the expected information, it is Section 4 that is quite remarkable, providing useful information on complications ranging from metabolic complications to those from stem cell transplantation, which is uncommon in standard works in this area.
A unique selling point of this book is the outline format with bold headings and subheadings that makes it easy to access pertinent information and makes up for the (almost) total lack of figures and illustrations.
Amazingly, although this manual is almost 900 pages, it is quite handy and portable. Overall, it is an indispensable resource that should be a part of every oncology library.”
Weighted Numerical Score: 94 - 4 Stars!
Doodys Publishers' Club, March 2018
Publication Month: April, 2017
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 203.200 x 127.000 mm
Weight: 0.748 kg
Number of pages: 900 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Oncology