Brunner & Suddarth’s Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing
Fourteenth edition, International Edition, 1-Volume
2352 pages, 215.90 x 279.40 mm
2352 pages, 215.90 x 279.40 mm
- ISBN: 9781496355133
- November 2017
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Prepare for medical-surgical nursing practice and success on the NCLEX with Brunner & Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing, 14th Edition. A favorite resource for students and practicing nurses for over a half-century, this book provides comprehensive yet accessible coverage of a broad range of medical conditions while focusing on the nursing process and the nurse's role in caring for and educating patients and families within today's complex health care delivery system.
Up-to-date coverage of the health care needs of people with disabilities, nursing research findings, ethical considerations, and evidence-based practice gives you opportunities to refine your clinical decision-making skills. Fully updated and enhanced, this new edition provides a fully integrated solution that promotes clinical judgment, performance, and success on the NCLEX examination and in nursing practice.
Key Features in the 14th Edition:
- NEW! New chapter on assessment and management of patients with obesity including expanded content on gastric and duodenal disorders.
- NEW! Interdisciplinary feature in every chapter. Nursing students should be educated in an environment that provides such interdisciplinary educational experiences based on mutual understanding and respect and designed to enhance the practice of each discipline.
- EXPANDED! Immunodeficiency chapter includes updated HIV infection and AIDS content.
- UPDATED! The following units have been revised Immunologic Function, Digestive and Gastrointestinal Function, and Metabolic and Endocrine Function.
- Concept Mastery Alerts clarify difficult concepts, informed by data from Misconception Alert questions in PrepU for Brunner & Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing, 12e.
- Quality and Safety Nursing Alerts build upon previous edition's Nursing Alerts to highlight issues related to quality and safety nursing care.
- UPDATED! The unit openers include new Case Studies with QSEN Competency Focus to highlight a competency and related knowledge, skills, and attitudes. Additional information for these case studies related to NANDA-I, NIC, NOC and the nursing process is available online.
- Prioritization Questions have been added to the Critical Thinking Exercises.
- Genetics Charts and Ethical Dilemma Charts have been revised to reflect the latest advances in the field.
- Critical care information has been updated to further the authors' goal to have the most up-to-date and clinically relevant content on critical care throughout the book.
- The Table of Contents has been reorganized for a more logical sequence and flow.
- Nursing Process sections, Plans of Nursing Care, and Critical Care sections
- More than 2,900 NCLEX-style review questions
- Assessment Charts, Risk Factor Charts, Guidelines Charts, Genetics in Nursing Practice Charts, Patient Education Charts, Health Promotion Charts, Ethics and Related Issues Charts, and Pharmacology Charts and tables.
- Gerontologic Considerations sections, Physiology/Pathophysiology figures, and updated Home Care Checklists
- Nursing Research Profiles and EBP questions help students learn the importance of evidence-based practice.
- Concepts in Action Animations bring anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology concepts to life.
Publication Month: November, 2017
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 279.400 x 215.900 mm
Weight: 4.649 kg
Number of pages: 2352 pages