Spine Injuries in Athletes
256 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm, 159
256 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm, 159 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781496360267
- March 2017
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
A team of peerless authorities in sports medicine share their unparalleled expertise in Spine Injuries in Athletes , published in partnership with the AAOS. This unique and practical clinical reference culls today’s best approaches for managing these injuries, optimizing function, and ensuring quick but safe return to play whenever possible.
- Ensure proper on-field management and evaluation, transport, and pharmacologic management with the aid of evidence-based “how-to” advice from leading experts.
- Implement effective surgical and non-surgical treatment and rehabilitation plans , tailored to the sport-specific needs of each patient.
- Navigate the practical reality of managing both elite athletes and weekend warriors through step-by-step guidance on return-to-play criteria and decision making.
- Manage the most common injury patterns affecting the cervical and lumbar spine , including stingers/burners, cervical cord neurapraxias, cervical disk herniation, cervical stenosis, congenital cervical anomalies, cervical trauma, lumbar disk herniation, spondylolysis/ spondylolisthesis, lumbar degenerative disk disease, pelvic and hip disorders that mimic spine problems, and thoracic disk herniation, as well as issues that confront the aging athlete.
- Apply cohesive strategies for managing concussions on field and determining return to play in the days and weeks that follow, with advice from key leaders in the field.
- Check your clinical decision-making skills with real-world scenarios involving a variety of athletic cervical and lumbar spine injuries, and compare your responses to those of a panel of respected specialists.
Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Over an hour of on field simulation videos that help readers learn what to look for, what to do, and how to do it
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options offer the ability to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
3 Stars from Doody's Review Service! " This is a unique offering. It takes a broad approach to spine injuries in athletes, making it a great reference for all practitioners in sports medicine.... This is a great book for the athletic training room, the sports medicine specialist's office, and the institutional library." - Doody's Review Service