Surgical Approaches to the Facial Skeleton
262 Pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
262 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
- ISBN: 9781496380418
- March 2018
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Includes intraoperative photographs and cadaver photographs that complement the surgical drawings -- now entirely in full color throughout.
- Describes the transconjunctival approach to the medial orbit, subtarsal approach to the internal orbit, Weber-Ferguson approach to the midface, facial degloving approach to the midface, and many more approaches you’re likely to use in clinical practice.
- Includes access to twelve new, exclusive videos that depict surgical approaches performed on cadavers for enhanced visual representation of the technique. Videos include the Transconjunctival Approach, Midface Vestibular Approach, Mandibular Vestibular Approach, Retromandibular Approach, and more.
- Suggests specific instruments that the authors have found most useful for incising, retracting, and manipulating the tissues involved with each surgical approach.
- Points out advantages and disadvantages of each approach, and presents more than one approach to each region whenever possible.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s ), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook , powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs , supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more
“This is a largely pictorial representation of approaches used to address facial trauma. It has a large collection of schematic pictures and photos from actual surgeries.
The purpose is to illustrate surgical approaches used in facial trauma. The accompanying online format makes it more accessible on the go and is user friendly.
The audience is residents and attendings, and the book would be useful for practitioners of ENT, oral surgery, plastic surgery, and ophthalmology. The main author is from a high-volume trauma center and has the experience needed to write this type of book.
It is always helpful to have new/updated resources that help residents better understand surgical procedures. The best part of this book is its well-illustrated, well-explained approach to surgical procedures. It systematically covers each approach, step by step, and provides illustrations to support the text.
This is a helpful adjunct when preparing for cases. The illustrations are very good, and the instructions are thorough, yet succinct and understandable.”
Weighted Numerical Score: 82 - 3 Stars
Doodys Publishers' Club, May 2018
Publication Month: March, 2018
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 0.975 kg
Number of pages: 262 pages