Perez & Brady's Principles and Practice of Radiation Oncology
2448 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
2448 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
- ISBN: 9781496386793
- October 2018
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Comprehensive coverage of the current state of knowledge of cancer biology; medical radiation physics; clinical radiation oncology; and radiation oncology economics, ethics, and public policy.
- Regular, twice-yearly content updates available with the digital version of the text.
- Ideal for radiation oncologists, radiation oncology residents, radiation biologists, medical radiation physicists, oncologists, physicists-in-training, radiation dosimetrists, and nurses and physician assistants working in radiation oncology departments.
- New chapters include: Proton and Carbon Ion Beam Dosimetry and Treatment Planning; Stereotactic Radiation Therapy; Re-Irradiation; Error Avoidance; Undergraduate, Graduate, and Continuing Medical Education in Radiation Oncology; and a completely rewritten chapter on the economics of radiation oncology.
- Designed to provide a better understanding of the natural history of cancer, the physical and technological methods of radiation application, the effects of irradiation on normal tissues, and the most judicious ways in which radiation therapy can be employed in the treatment of patients with cancer, either as a single modality or as part of a multi-modality treatment program.
- All references printed in the book are now streamlined for quick access to further information.
- Site-specific chapters include relevant background information on each tumor—including epidemiology, pathology, diagnostic work-up, prognostic factors, treatment techniques, applications of surgery, chemotherapy, immunotherapy and biological therapy, end results, and more.
- Increased focus on new approaches and technologies with new and updated chapters.
- Greater emphasis on palliative and supportive care reflects the role of radiation treatment in non-curative roles.
- An international group of expert chapter authors keeps you well-informed.
- A completely revised first chapter is designed to provide an overview of the discipline of radiation oncology. This will be particularly useful for residents beginning training and medical students beginning a radiation oncology clinical clerkship. The chapter is supplemented with multiple sidebars to augment the reader's understanding of the field.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
This is the latest edition of one of the definitive books comprehensively addressing the field of radiation oncology. An important practical consideration for a book as literally weighty as this tome is the availability of an ebook version readily accessible in multiple formats. This edition is the third one that includes this feature.
The purpose is to provide an authoritative, comprehensive reference for radiation oncology from multiple perspectives while touching upon established and emerging fields impacting the principles and practice of radiation oncology. This book has fulfilled this purpose since the introduction of the first edition in 1987 as a go-to reference for the field. The current version continues to meet these lofty expectations.
The book will be best appreciated by medical and physics residents, attending radiation oncologists and physicists, and radiobiologists seeking a detailed and deep understanding of their areas of interest. In this respect the book readily addresses these needs. The authors and contributors are widely recognized experts in their fields.
The book is divided into five sections: (1) overview and basic science of radiation oncology; (2) techniques, modalities, and modifiers in radiation oncology; (3) clinical radiation oncology; (4) palliative and supportive care; and (5) economics, education, ethics, and technology assessment. This final section has been expanded from three to five chapters compared with the previous edition.
The current edition of this book serves as a worthy tribute to the distinguished life and career of Luther Brady and as a timely update in the rapidly evolving field of radiation oncology."
Weighted Numerical Score: 84 - 3 Stars
Publication Month: October, 2018
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 4.695 kg
Number of pages: 2448 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Oncology