Marks' Basic Medical Biochemistry
A Clinical Approach, Fifth edition, International Edition
1008 Pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
1008 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
- ISBN: 9781496387721
- July 2017
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Marks’ Basic Medical Biochemistry links biochemistry to physiology and pathophysiology, allowing students to apply fundamental concepts to the practice of medicine – from diagnosing patients to recommending effective treatments. Intuitively organized chapters center on hypothetical patient vignettes, highlighting the material’s clinical applications; helpful icons allow for smooth navigation, making complex concepts easier to grasp.
- Full-color illustrations make chemical structures and biochemical pathways easy to visualize.
- Patient vignettes connect biochemistry to human health and disease.
- Clinical Notes explain patient signs or symptoms, and Method Notes relate biochemistry to the laboratory tests ordered during diagnosis.
- Clinical Comments link biochemical dynamics to treatment options and patient outcomes.
- Biochemical Comments explore directions for new research.
- Key Concepts and Summary Disease tables highlight the take-home messages in each chapter.
- Questions and answers at the end of each chapter – 470 total inside the book, with 560 more online – probe students’ mastery of key concepts.
- Additional handy resources available online make it easy to review all diseases and all methods covered throughout the book and to find references for further information and study