ACSM's Clinical Exercise Physiology
600 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
600 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
- ISBN: 9781496387806
- March 2019
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Condition chapters are organized by disease types and then divided into sections that cover specific conditions from a pathological and etiological perspective. To provide a complete view of clinical exercise physiology, the book also covers important considerations and foundational elements, such as screening, pharmacology, and electrocardiography.
As an American College of Sports Medicine publication, the text offers the unsurpassed quality and excellence that has become synonymous with titles by the leading exercise science organization in the world.
- eBook available. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.
- Complete alignment with the latest ACSM’s Guidelines ensures focused coverage of all essential topics.
- Evidenced-based coverage of over 35 conditions provides the most extensive coverage of diseases available for the course.
- A standard format in the conditions chapters (introduction, condition, pathology, clinical applications, case study, summary, and comorbidities case studies) makes specific information easy to find.
- A chapter on exercise genomics provides an overview of this new field and its potential clinical applications, while a separate chapter on electrocardiography provides a solid foundation for those who need to read and interpret EKGs.
- Special considerations beyond the conditions, such as comorbidities, the exercise environment, legal considerations, lifespan considerations, pharmacology, etc.) ensure complete coverage of clinical exercise physiology.
- In-text learning aids, including chapter-opening summaries and learning objectives, end-of-chapter review questions and case studies with questions for classroom discussion, help students prepare for practice.
1 An Introduction to Clinical Exercise Physiology: Evolution, Professional Practice, and Future Directions
2 Across the Lifespan
3 Benefits and Risks Associated With Exercise and Physical Activity and Preparticipation Health Screening
4 Exercise Prescription for the Apparently Healthy
5 Cardiovascular Disease
8 Clinical Exercise Testing
9 Respiratory Diseases
10 Endocrine and Metabolism
11 Musculoskeletal Concerns
12 Physical, Sensory, and Intellectual Impairments
14 The Immune System and Exercise
15 Behavior and Mental Health
16 Persons With Comorbidities
17 Considerations for Exercise in Stressful Environments: Hot, Cold, Polluted, and High Altitude
19 Legal Considerations
Publication Month: March, 2019
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 2.223 kg
Number of pages: 600 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Sports Medicine