Radiation Oncology Management Decisions
900 pages, 152.40 x 228.60 mm, 250
900 pages, 152.40 x 228.60 mm, 250 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781496391094
- October 2018
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Combines comprehensive overviews of basic concepts with the latest radiologic treatment regimens for a wide variety of tumor types and cancer sites.
- Now in full color! Bursting with hundreds of illustrations, figures, and images to illuminate visually important and state-of-the-art techniques.
- Heavily bulleted content format and to-the-point writing style makes content easy to digest and use with patients quickly.
- Chapters that address tumor- or site-specific treatments cover screening, assessment, staging, therapeutic developments, and other key information.
- Features an up-to-date list of commonly prescribed drugs—streamlined for easier reading—and coverage of the latest pain management and palliative treatments.
Enhance Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
"This is a moderately concise but comprehensive book on a range of basic concepts through site and tumor specific treatment considerations in radiation oncology. The purpose is to provide a resource with readily accessible information on the many facets of patient care required of radiation oncologists. This book is one of several with similar goals and it clearly addresses the needs of resident and practicing physicians.
The audience includes medical students, resident physicians in radiation oncology, and practicing radiation oncologists seeking a readily accessible review. The authors are preeminent authorities in the field who have recruited credible contributors for the individual chapters.
An initial chapter covers fundamentals of patient management, followed by chapters focused on issues pertaining to treatment planning and a valuable chapter on late effects and QUANTEC. These are followed by site and disease-specific chapters. A very useful appendix lists commonly prescribed drugs. Among the strengths of the book are the numerous high-quality figures and images. While this book has many attractive features, in comparison to other review books, its format is not as amenable to rapidly finding information about specific questions pertaining to treatment."
Weighted Numerical Score: 71 - 3 Stars
Doodys Publishers' Club, October 2018
Publication Month: October, 2018
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 228.600 x 152.400 mm
Weight: 1.315 kg
Number of pages: 900 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Oncology