Creating a New Paradigm, First edition
236 Pages, 127.00 x 203.00 mm
236 pages, 127.00 x 203.00 mm
- Trade Paperback
- ISBN: 9781496394842
- November 2021
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Describes how oxygen and its reactive derivatives can damage vital cell components, and how oxygen plays a pivotal role in the damaging effects of inflammation, radiation, and aging.
- Challenges the traditional notion that oxygen delivery is the principal function of the cardiorespiratory system, and that oxygen transport is the principal function of red blood cells and hemoglobin.
- Demonstrates how the tissues normally operate in an oxygen-poor environment (which limits the risk of oxidative damage), and how the body counteracts attempts to increase tissue oxygenation.
- Describes the body’s use of protective antioxidants, and shows how failure to maintain this antioxidant protection makes oxygen inhalation an unrecognized source of harm.
- Reveals the lack of evidence that cellular hypoxia is a final common pathway for cell death, and proposes that oxygen itself is responsible for the death of aerobic organisms.
- Proposes a new management strategy that is “oxygen-protective” rather than “oxygen-promoting.”
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.