Frames of Reference for Pediatric Occupational Therapy
608 Pages, 177.80 x 228.60 mm
608 pages, 177.80 x 228.60 mm
- Cloth Over Boards
- ISBN: 9781496395061
- January 2019
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
The book first covers the foundations of frames reference for pediatric OT (Section I), and then covers commonly used frames of reference such as motor skill acquisition, biomechanical, and sensory integration (Section II). A final section discusses newer focused/specific frames of reference like handwriting skills and social participation. A standardized format within each frame of reference chapter covers the same elements (Theoretical Base, Supporting Evidence, the Function/Dysfunction Continuum, Guide to Evaluation, and Application to Practice) to help students build the knowledge and skills needed for effective practice.
- Case Examples illustrate frames of references in action.
- NEW! Additional frames of reference —STAR approach to Sensory Processing Disorders, Anxiety and Depression in school age children, and a Strength Based Approach for Adolescents with Autism—are covered in three new chapters to better prepare students for everyday practice.
- NEW! Supporting Evidence sections in frames of reference chapters cover the evidence supporting each theory.
- EXPANDED! Evaluation sections cover new assessment instruments available to the OT practitioner and now include new real-world examples.
- NEW! Color images of actual clinicians working with actual patients , along with a wide range of updated photos and charts, illustrate key concepts and applications.
- Essential terms are defined within the theoretical base in each frame of reference
- Practical sections on the “Function/Dysfunction Continuum” indicate the severity of the dysfunction and outline the level of needed intervention.
- eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and more
Publication Month: January, 2019
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 228.600 x 177.800 mm
Weight: 1.043 kg
Number of pages: 608 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Sports Medicine