Electronic Fetal Monitoring
Concepts and Applications, Third edition
408 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
408 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
- ISBN: 9781496396150
- July 2018
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Written by OB/GYN nurses and advanced practitioners, this combination textbook/workbook offers clinicians involved in perinatal care a uniquely detailed, in-depth, and historical perspective on EFM. Topics include maternal-fetal physiology, EFM instrumentation, antepartum and intrapartum fetal assessment and pattern interpretation, and a variety of additional issues and challenges relevant to the current state of EFM practice. Applicable to both the novice and seasoned practitioner, this text is useful as a both a primer for this specialty field and also as a detailed resource to ready for the NCC Certificate of Added Qualification in EFM.
Upgrade and update your EFM skills with:
- Examples of EFM tracings that demonstrate the points presented in the text– including 22 case studies annotated with real-time bedside interpretation, followed by expert review with commentary to support these analyses.
- Validation of knowledge - New! End-of-chapter study questions and answers are a perfect supplement for certification exam preparation. For the educator, methods of competence validation are discussed and presented in detail.
- Up-to-date EFM guidelines - explained and demonstrated in real-life, situational context
- Concise, easy-to-follow support for optimal acquisition and assessment of EFM data, and proper response to findings.
- Expert advice on handling both clinical and instrumental challenges related to EFM.
- Detailed explanation of the workings of EFM equipment and technology.
- Proven algorithms for management of antepartum testing and of EFM data, outlining specific interventions and their rationales.
- Coverage of crucial knowledge, including maternal-fetal physiology of fetal heart rate patterns and management of unusual EFM tracings, common problems and more.
- Chapter features include helpful tips (“Stork Bytes”) to highlight important points.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS™, Android™, PC, and Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time—providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity, as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
About the Clinical Editors
Cydney Afriat Menihan, CNM, MSN, RDMS, is a Nurse Midwife and Perinatal Consultant in
North Kingstown, Rhode Island.
Ellen Kopel, RNC, MS, is a Nurse Educator and Perinatal Consultant in Tampa, Florida.
Publication Month: July, 2018
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 0.885 kg
Number of pages: 408 pages