Clinical Handbook of Psychiatry and the Law
365 Pages, 177.00 x 254.00 x 0.00 mm
365 pages, 177.00 x 254.00 x 0.00 mm
- Cloth Over Boards
- ISBN: 9781496398055
- June 2019
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Written by two renowned leaders in the field, the much-anticipated fifth edition of Clinical Handbook of Psychiatry and the Law offers mental health professionals authoritative guidance on how today’s law affects clinical practice. Each chapter in this award-winning reference presents case examples of legal issues often seen in day-to-day practice; clearly explains the governing legal rules, their rationale, and their clinical impact; and offers concrete action guides to navigating clinicolegal dilemmas. It’s a must-have resource for anyone in the mental health field who needs an easy-to-read, practical handbook addressing both longstanding legal/ethical issues and crucial recent developments in the field.
- Addresses recent developments including the impact of electronic health records on privacy and liability risks, new technologies, prescription drug monitoring programs, risk management in integrated care, the practitioner’s role in assessing suitability for gun ownership, and more.
- Reflects timely issues such as changing attitudes toward seclusion and restraint, new medications for psychiatric disorders and the role of informed consent, and increased liability and scrutiny of expert witnesses.
- Presents real-world case examples using an engaging, easy-to-read writing style, and includes unique action guides in each chapter that specify practical approaches to clinicolegal dilemmas.
- A useful study aid to help prepare for the forensic psychiatry sections of specialty board examinations.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Publication Month: June, 2019
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 254.000 x 177.000 mm
Weight: 0.839 kg
Number of pages: 365 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Psychiatry / General