Mental Health Nursing Australia and New Zealand Edition
640 pages, 84.00 x 109.00 mm, 255
640 pages, 84.00 x 109.00 mm, 255 illustrations
- ISBN: 9781920994204
- November 2011
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
This textbook is designed to support students in diploma and degree level mental health nursing courses. Reader-friendly and concise, it promotes skilled engagement, collaborative assessment and care planning, as well as emphasising the need for self-awareness and effective communication.
Written in collaboration with accomplished nurse educators and practitioners, Mental Health Nursing delivers a complete framework to prepare nurses for working in mental health. Australian practice is at the core of the text and it includes a special focus on gerontological issues.
- Therapeutic Communication dialogues give examples of patient behaviours and effective nursing responses.
- Australian best practice is emphasised throughout, with demographic, institutional, legislative and cultural references.
- Drug Alerts highlight essential points about psychotropic drugs.
- Nursing Care Plans provide treatment plans with guidance on assessment, outcomes and implementation.
- Patient/Family Education boxes provide information that helps strengthen students’ roles as educators.
Publication Month: November, 2011
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 109.000 x 84.000 mm
Weight: 1.202 kg
Number of pages: 640 pages