Memmler's The Human Body in Health and Disease
Fourteenth edition, International Edition
- ISBN: 9781975102012
- January 2019
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
This classic text provides beautifully illustrated coverage of the essentials of human anatomy, physiology, and the effects of disease. Throughout the book, anatomical art illustrates concepts with accuracy, simplicity, and elegance; medical case studies enhanced with additional clinical content to demonstrate the relevance of the content to a career in the health professions; and proven pedagogy helps students master the anatomic and medical terminology they will encounter in healthcare settings.
- eBook options available . Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more
- NEW! The latest advances and research in the field are incorporated into every chapter of the book.
- NEW! Key Concepts are now aligned with student resources on thePoint.
- NEW! Case points link content to the opening case study.
- NEW! Misconception Alerts point out common student misconceptions, as identified by the PrepU adaptive quizzing program.
- REVISED! An updated and improved art program brings concepts to life.
- The Body Visible , a full-body transparency insert, assists students in performing a virtual dissection of the human body from skin down to bone and allows them to test themselves on their understanding of skin, muscles, bones, veins/arteries, etc.
- Disease in Context boxes provide an introductory case study illustrating a key concept in a particular chapter.Process Diagrams call out the steps of a complex process, such as negative feedback control or maintaining homeostasis and feedback mechanisms.
- Chapter Checkpoints include brief questions at the end of main sections to reinforce student recall.
- Phonetic pronunciations of key or difficult terms are spelled out in the narrative directly preceding the terms.
- Clinical Perspectives boxes focus on relevant diseases and disorders.
- Hot topics boxes examine current trends and research.
- Personalized, chapter-by-chapter quizzes powered by PrepU help students learn more and improve their pass rates on exams.
- Zooming in questions in figure captions allow students to test their understanding of important aspects of the illustration.A Look Back feature highlights previous concepts that will apply to their understanding the current chapter.
Publication Month: January, 2019
Product Format: Paperback
Weight: 1.882 kg