Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Program Development
A Guide for the Heart Team, First edition
Sales Date: 2019-03-15
280 Pages, 152.00 x 228.00 mm
280 pages, 152.00 x 228.00 mm
- Trade Paperback
- ISBN: 9781975105228
- March 2019
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Written by leaders in the field, this clinical instruction manual is the first to consolidate evidence, guidelines, and best practices for the TAVR care pathway from referral to follow-up. This is a must-have for clinicians—nurses, physicians, and allied health professionals—as well as administrative leadership and staff involved in TAVR programs.
The text offers a comprehensive view of the TAVR program organized to support staff and quality, and positioned to grow on pace with evolving indications, regulations, technology, and patient needs:
- Foundational Knowledge – AS clinical presentation, disease progression, historical perspective and current practice
- Multidisciplinary Care – Heart Team, Valve Program Clinician, procedural staff, valve clinic, hospital-based care, partnership with primary care and referring providers
- Patient Evaluation – symptoms, medical history, social determinants of health, diagnostic imaging, echocardiography and computerized tomography, risk stratification
- Heart Team Shared Decision Making – case selection, real-world patient scenarios for shared decision-making, risk-predictive tools, considerations for specific conditions – anatomical challenges, low-gradient AS, mitral valve disease, frailty, pulmonary disease, kidney disease, dementia
- Procedural Care and Clinical Pathways – specific, detailed examples of procedure plans, order sets, emergency planning, peri-procedural communication and handoffs, post-procedure care pathways, discharge planning
- Program Optimization and Evaluation – strategies and tactics for education and communication, staffing considerations, wait list management, scheduling challenges, measurement of clinical outcomes, patient experience, adherence to indications, regulatory compliance, quality registry reporting
About the Clinical Editors
Marian C. Hawkey, RN, is Director of TAVR Clinical Research at New York Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center in New York City.
Sandra Lauck, PhD, RN, is a scientist at the Centre for Heart Valve Innovation and Clinical Assistant Professor (St Paul’s Hospital and Heart & Stroke Foundation Professorship) in Cardiovascular Nursing at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.
Elizabeth M. Perpetua, DNP, is Principal Consultant at EMPath Health Services – Perpetua Associates, in Seattle, Washington.
Publication Month: March, 2019
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 228.000 x 152.000 mm
Weight: 0.498 kg
Number of pages: 280 pages