Fields Virology: Emerging Viruses
1256 Pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
1256 pages, 212.72 x 276.23 mm
- ISBN: 9781975112547
- April 2020
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Bundled with the eBook, which will be updated regularly as new information about each virus is available, including coronavirus and COVID-19, this text serves as the authoritative, up-to-date reference book for virologists, infectious disease specialists, microbiologists, and physicians, as well as medical students pursuing a career in infectious diseases.
- Covers both basic science and medical features of each virus, emphasizing viruses of medical importance and interest, while also including other viruses in specific cases where more is known about their mechanisms of replication or pathogenesis.
- Covers virus evolution, as well as Coronoviridae, Picornaviridae, Enteroviruses, Caliciviridae, Hepatitis C Virus, Filoviridae, Henipaviruses, Orthomyxoviruses, Bunyavirales, Arenaviridae, and much more.
- Features over 500 full-color illustrations, including key figures for use as lecture slides.
- Provides quick, flexible access to current information both in print and in an improved eBook format, searchable across all volumes.
- Discusses virus structure, virus entry, replication, and assembly, virus-host cell interactions, host immune responses and vaccines, antiviral therapeutics, virus evolution and immunization.
- Emerging Viruses
- DNA Viruses
- RNA Viruses
- Fundamental Viruses
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Publication Month: April, 2020
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.230 x 212.720 mm
Weight: 1.996 kg
Number of pages: 1256 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Infectious Diseases