Emergency Psychiatry: Principles and Practice
552 Pages, 177.00 x 254.00 x 0.00 mm
552 pages, 177.00 x 254.00 x 0.00 mm
- Cloth Over Boards
- ISBN: 9781975113681
- January 2020
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Provides complete, invaluable information on every aspect of today’s emergency psychiatry, including the areas of community, consultation/liaison, psychotherapy, substance abuse, psychopharmacology, disasters, children, geriatrics, administration, forensics, and much more.
- Reflects significant recent advances and changes in perspectives regarding crisis and emergency mental health care.
- Features a newly reorganized format covering Models and Standards of Patient Care, Research, and Education; General Principles of Care; Staffing and Support; Common Presenting Problems; Special Populations; and Policy and Special Topics.
- Includes new chapters on psychiatric boarding, staffing models, and inclusion of the family in crisis care, as well as additional special population chapters on college students, transgender individuals, prisoners, and immigrants and refugees.
- Covers specific approaches to common problems, such as alignment of the approach to agitation with Project BETA recommendations, and includes evidence-based management and treatment throughout.
- Discusses special topics such as legal issues that emergency mental health providers must be aware of, emergency telepsychiatry, best practices for working with police and law enforcement, crisis phone services, and disaster psychiatry.
Enrich Your Ebook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s),such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook,powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Publication Month: January, 2020
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 254.000 x 177.000 mm
Weight: 0.113 kg
Number of pages: 552 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Psychiatry / General