The Art and Science, Third edition
536 Pages, 212.00 x 276.00 x 0.00 mm
536 pages, 212.00 x 276.00 x 0.00 mm
- Cloth Over Boards
- ISBN: 9781975121327
- March 2020
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Retaining the accessible student-friendly writing style and focus on kinesthetic learning that made the book so successful, the third edition is enhanced by new chapters, new photos, and significant updates throughout that reflect the latest research and advances in the field.
- A focus on both the art and science of practice. The authors emphasize the importance of using evidence-based information while acknowledging that clinicians must also rely on experience and tradition when selecting the best modalities.
- New chapters on Positional Release Therapy, Nitrogen Vapor Cryotherapy, and Bio-Electro-Magnetic-Energy-Regulation (BEMER Opening) cover vital topics for today’s professionals.
- Practical guidance. Each modality chapter is followed by step-by-step procedures for effectively using that modality in practice to prepare students for everyday challenges.
- Chapter-opening Scenes feature a short scenario that poses a situation related to chapter content, while chapter-closing Scenes complete the vignette, helping students see how content is put into practice.
- Five-Step Application Procedure Templates help students organize the information needed to apply a modality.
- Modality Myths present common misunderstandings and provide a scientific basis for setting the record straight.
- Concept Check exercises deepen understanding.
- Application Tips offer tips for practice and understanding.
- Reflections and Case Studies encourage students to reflect on and apply the different therapeutic modalities.
- Review Questions are ideal for review and self-testing.
- eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and more
Publication Month: March, 2020
Product Format: Hardcover
Height x Width: 276.000 x 212.000 mm
Weight: 0.136 kg
Number of pages: 536 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Sports Medicine