Lippincott Textbook for Nursing Assistants
A Humanistic Approach to Caregiving, Fifth edition, International Edition
Sales Date: 2019-02-23
- Trade Paperback
- ISBN: 9781975126216
- February 2019
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
Pamela J. Carter, RN, BSN, MEd, CNOR
Deliver compassionate, competent care in any healthcare setting.
Written in a conversational, easy-to-read style and rich with dynamic images and illustrations, this comprehensive text helps you master the technical, communication, and critical thinking skills essential to your success as a nursing assistant. Up-to-date coverage reflects the latest clinical approaches, and a practical format guides you through the decision-making process behind safe, fulfilling patient outcomes.
- NEW! Taking It to the Next Level: Advanced Skills calls-out skills in the text that may require additional training as you advance your career and are further explained in Lippincott Acute Care Skills for Advanced Nursing Assistants eBook.
- Updated content keeps you current with the latest state-specific guidelines and 2016 NNAAP skill revisions.
- Guidelines (“What You Do/Why You Do It”) boxes detail the how and why behind key nursing assistant actions.
- Tell the Nurse! Notes summarize observations that you need to report to the nurse.
- Stop and Think! Scenarios offer practice for solving the types of complex, real-world nursing situations you’ll encounter on the job.
- Helping Hands and a Caring Heart: Focus on Humanistic Health Care boxes help you empathize with those in your care and meet patients’ and residents’ emotional and spiritual needs, as well as their physical needs.
- Empowering online learning tools reinforce key terms and content with engaging Watch and Learn/Listen and Learn Audio and Video Clips and an interactive audio glossary .
- Procedures highlight important privacy, safety, infection control, and comfort concepts and guide you step by step through essential nursing assistant tasks.
- Chapter-ending summary sections enhance your retention and understanding at a glance.
- What Did You Learn? multiple-choice and matching exercises with answers help you assess your understanding of essential information and prepare for state certification exams.
- Nursing Assistants Make A Difference! sections highlight your critical role on the healthcare team with first-person accounts of the nursing assistant’s positive impact on the lives of others.
- Empowering online learning tools reinforce key terms and content with engaging Watch and Learn/Listen and Learn Audio and Video Clips and an interactive audio glossary is available at thePoint.lww.com/Carter5e.
Publication Month: February, 2019
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 0.000 x 0.000
Weight: 0.001 kg
Number of pages: 952 pages