Psychotherapy: A Practical Introduction
424 Pages, 177.80 x 254.00 mm, 4
424 pages, 177.80 x 254.00 mm, 4 illustrations
- Trade Paperback
- ISBN: 9781975126780
- December 2020
This price is valid for the United Kingdom, change location to view local pricing and availability
- Offers a straightforward entryway to learning the essentials of psychotherapeutic work, with synopses and basic instructions for all ACGME-required approaches to psychotherapy (supportive, cognitive-behavioral, and psychodynamic approaches) and a helpful comparison and discussion of what works across all therapies, as well as how to incorporate the patient’s broader system and cultural background into treatment.
- Includes an overview of assessment and case conceptualization that includes taking a useful history, articulating goals of the potential treatment, evaluation of the patient’s capacity to engage in talk-based treatment, and guidance on appropriate therapy selection.
- Contains a section on providing psychotherapy in different clinical settings, such as community mental health settings, inpatient psychiatric units, consultation-liaison medical settings, and emergency rooms and crisis centers.
- Discusses combining therapy with medication (from both the perspective of MDs and non-MDs partnering with a prescriber), as well as a final chapter that highlights how trainees can prepare to make the most of psychotherapy supervision.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Publication Month: December, 2020
Product Format: Paperback
Height x Width: 254.000 x 177.800 mm
Weight: 0.703 kg
Number of pages: 424 pages
Bisacs: MEDICAL / Psychiatry / General